Portugal and Schengen "doesnt matter" ...interesting

jonrarit

Visit site
Just spotted this on the sailing fair isle youtube channel here

At 11 minutes 40 seconds into the video , checking into Portugal to be told at customs control "Schengen doesnt matter now in portugal"

Interesting.........

jr

greeny

Visit site
Just spotted this on the sailing fair isle youtube channel here

At 11 minutes 40 seconds into the video , checking into Portugal to be told at customs control "Schengen doesnt matter now in portugal"

Interesting.........

jr
Due to the closure of SEF and the transfer of immigration business in Portugal to a new government department, the government put some extensions on some of the brexit driven deadlines that had previously been set. I suspect that the statement was in relation to those temporary extensions. It's now 2024 of course and Schengen controls are very much in force.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Due to the closure of SEF and the transfer of immigration business in Portugal to a new government department, the government put some extensions on some of the brexit driven deadlines that had previously been set. I suspect that the statement was in relation to those temporary extensions. It's now 2024 of course and Schengen controls are very much in force.

I flew back early December and Brits without residence were having passports stamped so would assume 90 days limit stands as normal.

srm

Visit site
Bit of thread drift. Way back (about 2008) I was alongside in North Haven, Fair Isle, when the boat "Fair Isle" came in. At that time she was under the German flag, owned by a couple from Berlin. As I had moved my somewhat smaller boat off the pier then berthed outside them I was invited on board, and enjoyed a very pleasant evening.