Portishead marina liveaboards?

V1701

Visit site
Happy new year everyone,

I'm looking at possibly moving to Bristol for work, does anyone know whether Portishead marina has a smattering of liveaboards?

Thanks,
David.

Shearmyste

Visit site
We did the same in 2012, at that time their was a few of us, sorry don't know now but the staff were great but it was a turn a blind to us live a boards.

V1701

Visit site
We did the same in 2012, at that time their was a few of us, sorry don't know now but the staff were great but it was a turn a blind to us live a boards.

Super, thanks for replying. I think most marinas do but there seem to be a few who for whatever reason will not accept the odd liveaboard...

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Super, thanks for replying. I think most marinas do but there seem to be a few who for whatever reason will not accept the odd liveaboard...

There are a few that used to be content to turn a blind eye to liveaboards until some fool started broadcasting it on the internet. :rolleyes:

A friend lost his long term home berth when that happened.

Shearmyste

Visit site
Is not that the risk we are all willing to take as most of the contracts do stipulate a max number of nights staying on board in any given period, and we just flout them?

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Is not that the risk we are all willing to take as most of the contracts do stipulate a max number of nights staying on board in any given period, and we just flout them?

Some people are discreet and well mannered, making it easier for the powers that be to concentrate their attention elsewhere, while others are thoughtlessly provocative, which spoils it for all.