Portimao marina

GHA

Visit site
Anyone been to the marina up the river a bit in Portimao recently? Not the one down near the entrance. Think its Doca de Sao Francisco.
A friend mentioned they did a weekend rate - is it open for visitors, can you just rock up and tie up on the outside?
Looked like there was plenty of room the other day.

Tia

GrahamM376

Visit site
Used to be only open to visitors if a berth holder was away. There's a concrete hut a couple of hundred meters south where the manager hangs out, worth having a word with him, we stayed there a few years ago. Usually dinghy up to there from Ferragudo anchorage and use the ladders to get ashore.

Sandyman

Visit site
Anyone been to the marina up the river a bit in Portimao recently? Not the one down near the entrance. Think its Doca de Sao Francisco.
A friend mentioned they did a weekend rate - is it open for visitors, can you just rock up and tie up on the outside?
Looked like there was plenty of room the other day.

Tia

Just turn up and berth if space available on long outside pontoon only. Seem to remember they will not allow rafting-up. Right in the middle of town its one of those places you dont want the world & his dog to know about. Tide runs hard through there. Fueling jetty next door.

Last edited:

GHA

Visit site
Just turn up and berth if space available on long outside pontoon only. Seem to remember they will not allow rafting-up. Right in the middle of town its one of those places you dont want the world & his dog to know about. Tide runs hard through there. Fueling jetty next door.

Cheers, will pop round and have a look once the swell's gone down a bit.

Ludd

Visit site
Cheers, will pop round and have a look once the swell's gone down a bit.

Used to be just one visitors berth, when charter boats berthed there. Concrete hut ( Antonio,if I remember) berthing master is ok,and speaks English. May be there Monday, with crew(need to fuel up) and it's handy for supermarket.
They allow at least two now,but he can always throw you off to make room for me!:cool:

GHA

Visit site
Ran out of time so went in to main marina, prob just well - think I was looking at the wrong one! Is it by the second one up the river you can get into, not the one by the club nautical? Think not must be. Gimme shout if you make it Ludd, I'll dinghy up and say hello.
Anyone else down this neck of the woods hunting some Sunday afternoon music - look no further...

https://g.co/kgs/29thbd

:cool:

Sandyman

Visit site
Yes the one past the Nautical Club not far from the road bridge. Ludd still at anchor in Faro. Problems with his outboard i understand.

Sandyman

Visit site
Ludd now in Portimao and going up mast shortly!

Bom Hope that 10mm rope from Aki is stronger than that old stuff you had :)
Mary was not happy tailing the safety line when that halyard frayed :)
Good Luck Ludd....................enjoy the cruise and don't let your autohelm not take charge & take you back up the Guadiana :)

jimbaerselman

www.jimbsail.info
Google "jimb portimao" or "jimb Algarve". The top result takes you to the page with a Portimao entry, linked to the marina website.

This trick, googleing "jimb xxxxx", where xxxx is a sea area, country, harbour of marina seems to show most places I've written up at the top of google's list. I'm still ading two or three web-sites links a week . . .

JimB

Last edited:

GHA

Visit site
Google "jimb portimao" or "jimb Algarve". The top result takes you to the page with a Portimao entry, linked to the marina website.

This trick, googleing "jimb xxxxx", where xxxx is a sea area, country, harbour of marina seems to show most places I've written up at the top of google's list. I'm still ading two or three web-sites links a week . . .

JimB
Ta, but your site links to the main marina down by the river mouth, not the one up by the centre of town. The link I included is actually for the port, tariffs for the marina are in there.

ripvan1

Visit site
Trouble with the pontoon up by town is that you don't get a key and you have to do a bit of dangling to climb around the gate. This was my experience some time ago - maybe changed by now?

Ludd

Visit site
Trouble with the pontoon up by town is that you don't get a key and you have to do a bit of dangling to climb around the gate. This was my experience some time ago - maybe changed by now?

You get a card from the Berthing master in the aforementioned hut. Berthing limited to 3 nights,cheap as chips, used to be only one visitor berth, but caharter boats seem to have moved so more flexibility.

GHA

Visit site
Got an overnight berth on the outside of the outer long pontoon in the marina Cais Bartolomeu up closer to the bridges. Office shut fridays but smiled sweetly and the guy gave me a card yesterday for the gate - 30Euro deposit. Office open sat til 12.30. 7.96 plus tax for 10m to 12m low season til end May. No mention of time limit either in the office or the price list, but I get the impression they'd not be too disappointed if visitors stayed out of the way down the river at the main marina :)
LX & water, public toilets ashore.

Nice to be away from the god awful swell in the anchorage the past couple of days!