Port of Registry - Harrrumph!

absit_omen

Visit site
Just went to MCA site to investigate changing Pt 1 Port of Choice from Portsmouth to Brightlingsea.

Brightlingsea is not listed.

However, Hartlepool AND West Hartlepool are. Ayr, Ardrossan, Banff, Beaumaris...........

What a travesty. A Cinque Port with a fine shipbuilding heritage and Winkies is omitted. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Agree that Brightlingsea should be a recognised port.

What I don't understand is the value of Part 1 registration. The boat I hope to buy is already Part 1 registered and change of ownership is £80 as opposed to Part 3 at £25. I don't want a marine mortgage for the boat so what am I getting for the additional £55?

Cobra

Visit site
When we bought Endymion, she was Pt 1 registered. For some obscure reason we decided to retain the Pt 1 registration...so, Change of name (she was called 'Wide Eyed'), Change of P.O.R (she was Portsmouth) Change of engine (she had just had a brand new Beta 28hp installed) and to cap it all the obvious change of ownership...God only knows why I paid it all, but I did!

We got around the having to register as Colchester being our nearest P.O.R by using the Recognised Yacht Club exemption angle and registering with our home club of Colne Yacht Club.

Is it all worth it? Well, I guess that it does evidence on going history of ownership (especially if you are able to obtain the original 'Blue Book'), is it any more relevant today than the SSR? I have my doubts!!

absit_omen

Visit site
I agree, it is a waste of money. However, when you have had your O/N carved in your deck deam since 1963 it is a difficult one to kick.

pennycar9

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Just went to MCA site to investigate changing Pt 1 Port of Choice from Portsmouth to Brightlingsea.

However, Hartlepool AND West Hartlepool are. Ayr, Ardrossan, Banff, Beaumaris...........

What a travesty. A Cinque Port with a fine shipbuilding heritage and Winkies is omitted. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are wrong in saying that Brightlingsea is a cinque port. It is associated with Cinque ports but is actually a'None Corporate arm' of one of the true Cinque ports, Sorry to be Pedantic!!!!!!!

dt4134

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go on, register in Hartlepool. It gives you the right to hang a monkey in French naval uniform from the yardarm. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnalison

Visit site
You are actually getting a piece of paper which proves ownership of the vessel, unlike Part III which has no function at all but which I find keeps foreign officials very happy.

absit_omen

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You are actually getting a piece of paper which proves ownership of the vessel, unlike Part III which has no function at all but which I find keeps foreign officials very happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh God, 'ere we go.........

From the back of my Pt 1

"A Certificate of Registry is not proof of ownership"

.......widely misunderstood. Sorry.

absit_omen

Visit site
[/ QUOTE ]I think you are wrong in saying that Brightlingsea is a cinque port. It is associated with Cinque ports but is actually a'None Corporate arm' of one of the true Cinque ports, Sorry to be Pedantic!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch it B-M! Lines can work loose in the middle of the night in these South Westerlies you know. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seafort

Visit site
Fun isn't it!

To me it means not having to stick numbers on the boat's topside (It's in a locker).

I have heard on here that foreign officials can comment on the Pt1 being laminated.

You don't have to spend the money. I just decided to keep it up.

Dave.

absit_omen

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh Dear! I seem to be ruffling a lot of feathers lately /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I go through phases like that too. I pissed one guy off so much he disappeared for about 10 days. Unfortunately he is back now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Must be the time of the month or the full moon (where the word Lunatic comes from). /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif