Polishing and cleaning the gel coat

Syrenka

Visit site
Hello,
I was wondering if i could have some advice?
Dad has just brought a sailing yacht and we have spent all today scrubbing her clean as she has been standing with no TLC almost all of last year and nothing was done over winter.
She has scrubbed up quite well but there are still brownish marks on the gel coat almost like muddy stains. Whats the best thing to use to get them off?
Also what is a good polish to make her look new shiny on the hull? Can anyone recommed anything?

Vara

Visit site
Liter hot water,add 100-150g oxalic acid crystals, squirt of washing up liquid,50-100g wall paper paste granules stir to get even consistecny.
Wear rubber gloves,don't breathe the fumes in and if by chance you get any on skin wash off quickly with cold soapy water.
For persistent stains apply gloop and cover with cling film and leave for 24 hours although for normal staining 10 minutes is usually enough.

KREW2

Visit site
I did my boat on Saturday came up a treat 50grms of acid to 1ltr of warm water, thicken with wallpaper paste. Do not make it too thick as it starts to dry on the hull and you need a cloth to wipe it off, instead of just a good rinse.

Syrenka

Visit site
Thank you for all the advice, ive spent the whole of today sticking, painting and polishing.

Before
Syrenka.jpg

After
Syrenkafinished.jpg

She is VERY white, we ahve still got to get the stains off the top though.

KREW2

Visit site
My son cleaned the deck around the anchor locker, it now looks as if the whole of the deck has to be done. My only concern is that after doing the topsides I give it a good polish to keep it in good nick, I am not too sure that I want to polish my decks but they do look good when clean.