Poetic Justice

ChrisP

Visit site
Got dragged onto the MB&Y stand at the show. Would you like to take out a subscription for the mag askes a young lady. No thanks I'm just about to cancel mine and transfere it to the MBM. Oh why's that she asks. Seems to be orientated to the over £500K market and bugger everybody else. Yes thats the new editorial policy she replies are there any other reasons. Yes there are too many adverts and not enough articles. Oh I don't think so she quips let's have a look.
She grabs a new copy and opens it. Double page advert. Another go, double page advert, Yet another go, 2 fullpage adverts. Pretty young face now doing tomato impression.
Off we go to the MBM stand to sign up and get free bottle of gin.

Oi Eyebrows Harper. If you're not interested in our custom why don't you price yourself out of our market and leave the space for somebody who is.

What do you mean the sea gull in front's walking !!!

byron

RIP
Visit site
I do agree that articles on £500k yachts are a waste of space and possibly only reach the odd 1% of readers. However I am pleased they are selling lots of adverts because that keeps the price of the magazine down. I too no longer bother buying it because there's so little in there for me to read.

ô¿ô
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.freeware.mcmail.com/435.htm>http://www.freeware.mcmail.com/435.htm</A>

trev

Visit site
Likewise I didn't re-new my MBY subscription - but buy the odd copy for a browse at the airport. It doesn't cater for us destitute folks at the sub 500 grand end of the market, and the articles are often just re-vamps of old issues.
But why didn't I get a bottle of gin when I re-newed my MBY sub !!?? What price loyalty eh ??

Trev

G

Fair comment Chris, but reading articles on these boats just sends you into a dream of what could be if those numbers came up, there must be some people out there that buy them and read the mag otherwise they would not bother doing the research into these boats.

Another thing about the numbers, I was talking to "him upstairs" recently about my lack of boat situation and asked him when my numbers were coming up so I could get my order in, he said "you may win if you meet me halfway with the problem" so I said whats the problem for not winning? he said " buy a ticket first".

paul js.