Plymouth

rob

Visit site
Looked at the post and saw a few quieries about Plymouth. I've sailed into Plymouth once and stayed at the QAB. Now I wish to explore further and wish to know how deep it is in the 'dandy's hole' I have a Sadler 25 which draws about 4'8'' is it practicable to go there etc. and at what state of the tides etc. etc. Any sugestions on quiet places that a fin keeler can get to fo a quiet night or two will be greatly appreciated

yachtcharisma

Visit site
From memory there's about 5m in the Dandy hole even at low water, but since I'm bilge keeled I usually dry out on the mud where its quieter so couldn't say for certain - worth checking it in a more authorative source. Mark Fishwick's "West Country Cruising" is well worth a read.

The river leading up to it has in places not much more than 1m at LWS, but it shouldn't be a problem on a rising tide.

Other places - there are mooring buoys at Cargreen in at least a couple of metres, so that would also be worth a trip. Its amazing how quickly you leave the bustle of Devonport behind once you head either up the Lynher or above the Tamar Bridge.

Cheers
Patrick

==================
Sailing a Corribee
vzone.virgin.net/patrick.fox
==================