pleasure craft travel document

steveghoward

Visit site
I have just read elsewhere that a boat owner in Messo., Greece has had to buy a PCTD ,an annual document for 50 euros, valid for one year as instructed by the port police.

Have I missed something or is this old news. They included a photo of a very official document.......

Edit: Apparently it is called a Traffic Document, not Travel document, my mistake....

Last edited:

macd

Visit site
Steve: depends somewhat whether you/the boat are EU. However, you're probably referring to the “Private Pleasure Maritime Document”, better known as a DEKPA, from it's initials in Greek. A new DEKPA document and procedure was instituted this year: several current threads on it.

It's certainly "old news" in the sense that you've needed a DEKPA (of a slightly different sort) for years for boats >9.99m, and for about three years if >7m.

Are you in Greece? If so, unless you boat's less than 7m, you may have been rather remiss.

steveghoward

Visit site
No this is definitely in addition to the depka. I have been trying to copy it across but to be honest, have no idea how to do it. The guy who posted is called Kevin Black and it appears in the Med Sailing group on Facebook......

Port police instigated it apparently.....

macd

Visit site

They're really terrific instigators. World class. Illiterate and stupid, but impressively creative.

Afraid don't do Facebook.

To post an image, start a post, look at the icons across the top of the edit frame, hover over the 3rd one from the left and it'll invite you to 'insert image'. Click it, then do the usual stuff as though you were attaching it to an e-mail.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
No this is definitely in addition to the depka. I have been trying to copy it across but to be honest, have no idea how to do it. The guy who posted is called Kevin Black and it appears in the Med Sailing group on Facebook......

Steve it's a DEKPA as Mac just said

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic, just for clarity: are you saying you checked it out on Facebook and found it identical to your new DEKPA?
It's a DEKPA, so many thread now people are getting confused,
I think it quite clear guys what's going on re the New DEKPA, , its 50E , different from the old one in the sense it has more boxes requiring more info about the skipper , owner, arrives and departing and it only got five places to stamp .
The only thing I can see that's not clear is why this new one been brought in , because of the new TAX ? Or is it just a way to get more money from crusers , maybe nether . Only time will tell .

macd

Visit site
It's a DEKPA...

Thanks, Vic.
Not helpful to have reports confusing an issue that's already half-baked enough.

Clearly the €50 fee and the five boxes for stamps are identifiers for the new DEKPA which have been repeatedly reported before.
Does it still say, in big letters near the top: "ΔEΛTIO KINHΣHΣ ΠΛOIOY ANAΨYXHΣ".
(The bolds, of course, are why we call it a DEKPA. Or, even more helpfully in English, as the old one did: "PRIVATE PLEASURE MARITIME TRAFFIC DOCUMENT".)

Or summat else?

NornaBiron

www.flickr.com
It's a DEKPA, so many thread now people are getting confused,
I think it quite clear guys what's going on re the New DEKPA, , its 50E , different from the old one in the sense it has more boxes requiring more info about the skipper , owner, arrives and departing and it only got five places to stamp .
The only thing I can see that's not clear is why this new one been brought in , because of the new TAX ? Or is it just a way to get more money from crusers , maybe nether . Only time will tell .

I think I remember the originator of this post on facebook saying that he had had his old style DEKPA stamped in Kos in March, in much the same way that we did in Leros. Therefore when the PPs next came across him they wanted him to buy the new style. I hope we manage to stay out of the PPs way for the next couple of months!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I think I remember the originator of this post on facebook saying that he had had his old style DEKPA stamped in Kos in March, in much the same way that we did in Leros. Therefore when the PPs next came across him they wanted him to buy the new style. I hope we manage to stay out of the PPs way for the next couple of months!

Keep your head down guys and stay away from the town quays . :)

macd

Visit site
Just had a decko at a friend's new DEKPA. It does indeed boldly state that it is a DEKPA: "ΔEΛTIO KINHΣHΣ ΠΛOIOY ANAΨYXHΣ".
Below that, equally conspicuous, is "PLEASURE CRAFT TRAFFIC DOCUMENT", which is slightly different from my old DEKPA, but the same as some versions, possibly more recent.

Specsavers, anyone?