Please welcome Conker to The Thames

Gavi

Visit site
We had a comical day getting her here, but here she is:

img036.jpg

I had such a laugh today. A mate from the pub drove me to the netherregions of Surrey to collect my ebay win:

"rowing boat, of wood constrution,on a very good trailer,to take you anywhere,the boat has been recently painted ,and checked for leaks,none found,it has a MIN KOTA endura electric outboard engine, which has only 2 hours of use, i kid you not. it gives 40lbs of thrust, it has 6 forward gears and 3 reverse gears it is fully adjustable to meet depth of water,(check out there web site to see how much they cost) in perfect condition,also there is a liesure battery , which has only been used for 2 hours max,only charged once, i kid you not again,,the trailer is a unbraked trailer,with rollers and winch for ease of getting in and out of the water,there is a lighting board in very good condition,2 oars wooden,,2 mud weights, 4 metres of chain to secure the trailer when unattended, nylon rope for mud weights,the reason i am selling my cherished boat is i am no longer able to use it due to ill health,too bloody old??? there is a reserve on this item but i am sure it will reach,, it is a good buy,i think the boat is 10ft6in long and 4 ft wide,i will check this out, i have fished with 3 people on board but it was cramped, better with two or on your own, i will accept cash,postal orders or cheque,no pay pal ,to exspensive, cheques will need five working days to clear before i release the item,you can contact me by e.mail for any questons you might have .i have decided to relist this item as there was a lot of interest in it ,almost made the reserve price,"

She is a gem. A boat builder on the island rated her highly and threw her straight in the water...

1. I wanted to keep her out so I could paint her name (house is Chestnuts, so house tender was voted by the pub to be Conkers)
2. I haven't a clue how to get into a rowing boat from on high... which is why I have bought one to learn

.... so my neighbour rowed her across.... then found that the oars are more like paddles.

Then we had to take the trailer across. We did this very poorly. Three men of small/medium/large height... we lifted it medium/large/small, over a 12 up and down step bridge. I think our laughter at our stupidity did not help.

I love being on The Thames /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now I need to find if I can use the name "Conker"...