Please identify this interior light

GlennG

Visit site
Does anyone know the make of this interior light? I've two types aboard; small singles (6" florescent) and this double (10" florescent). I need to replace this double as one side's not working and I need to get several of the plastic nuts that hold the clear plastic cover on.

Better still, does anyone know where I may source one?

WhatIsTheMakeOfThisInteriorLight.jpg

Thanks,
Glenn

GlennG

Visit site
It is 12v. I replaced the tubes last year, but a couple of the lights are definitely not working, despite changing tubes around. The tubes are available from good electrical suppliers for next to nothing.

The reason I'd like to replace like with like is the mountings are custom made (fibreglass mouldings), so have custom cut-outs to allow the light to fit flush.

The plastic knobs are far too soft so have pretty much all cross-threaded and few work properly. I think ultimately I may use nylock nuts, screwed on upside down. I've no idea what the fairly course thread is either.

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
It may be worth replacing the control gear inside the fitting. Control gear from any 12 volt fitting of the same wattage should be O.K. Replacing the nuts may be a bit more difficult. Sorry can't be more helpful.

VicS

Visit site
For the plastic nuts it may be worth checking Maplin and RS Components.

If you could measure the thread diameter and pitch it should be possible to ID it.

Heckler

Visit site
I went thru this with my Bene, in the end I went to the local caravan shop and bought a double 10" light 16 watts, for £13, its not worth messing with finding bits at that price!
Stu

Hoolie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I went thru this with my Bene, in the end I went to the local caravan shop and bought a double 10" light 16 watts, for £13, its not worth messing with finding bits at that price!
Stu

[/ QUOTE ]
To deal with the same problem I recently bought a batch on eBay for £8.99 + carriage from e-martuk. They seem OK and will be canibalised when I get down to the boat. Of course you also get a complete set of spare tubes as well /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GlennG

Visit site
I did try that but unfortunately they're slightly too large so don't fit on these lights.

Pity nobody recognises the make though:-( Would make it a lot easier to monitor Ebay