Plastimo tank leaking again

KAM

Visit site
Just had another one leak after less than a year. Probably my 4th in the time I've had the boat. Just fitting a replacement. I pumped it up with air in an attempt to try to get all the creases out of the corners. It doesent seem possible as the outer is smaller than the inner. By the time it's filled with 200 litres of water I don't see how it's going to last very long again with all the creases in the corners. The hull is designed for this type if tank and is very smooth. They always fail in the same way from a small split near one of the corners. Any good ideas out there to increase the life.

Steve_N

Visit site
I replaced my leaky Plastimo tank with one from Nuovo Rade. Single layer fully welded and seems to be made of the same sort of material as inflatable dinghies.
I've been very impressed so far (c. 2 years); seems very robust and no plasticky taste.
Flexible water tanks

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
Just had another one leak after less than a year. Probably my 4th in the time I've had the boat. Just fitting a replacement. I pumped it up with air in an attempt to try to get all the creases out of the corners. It doesent seem possible as the outer is smaller than the inner. By the time it's filled with 200 litres of water I don't see how it's going to last very long again with all the creases in the corners. The hull is designed for this type if tank and is very smooth. They always fail in the same way from a small split near one of the corners. Any good ideas out there to increase the life.
Is it always the same corner? May not be the tank that is the problem! Could it be snagging on something, or is that too obvious?

KAM

Visit site
The boat was designed For flexi tanks. The compartment is very smooth. Leakage is from nicks where there are unavoidable folds in the corners. Think I'll maybe limit to half full and go for rigid tanks in the future.