Plastimo cooker gas pipe size.

pcatterall

Visit site
Appologies to add this question to my my recent thread. My gas piping seems to be imperial 3/8" and the outlet on the ( new) cooker the same, but I feel it must be a metric fitting (10mm). Can anyone confirm this?
I want to use rubber gas hose to connect betwean them, I assume that I will have to get compression fittings ( of the two sizes) with gas pipe connectors( fullham nozels) on them, are these usually for gas pipe with 8mm or 10mm ID?
Thanks for any info
Ps
Just been on the BES site and can only find fulham fittings to suit 3/8 pipe, might the cooker pipe actually be 3/8 or are 3/8" and 10mm interchangeable?

Last edited:

VicS

Visit site
My gas piping seems to be imperial 3/8" and the outlet on the ( new) cooker the same, but I feel it must be a metric fitting (10mm). Can anyone confirm this?
Why do you feel it must be a metric fitting?

One way to be sure is to measure it with a vernier. 3/8" is only about 9.5mm.
(or try a 3/8" olive on it . If it wont fit then its 10mm)

BTW you know that copper olives, not brass, are recommended for lpg.

You also know not to use jointing compound on compression joints and also by how much they should be tightened?

Last edited:

pcatterall

Visit site
Maxi....no much bigger!! VicS .... I assumed that items would be made metric these days!! ( foolish assumption of course) Yes I will try an olive, I got a good idea comparing it with a 10mm drill! but an olive will be much better.
Thanks to you both.