Plastic door restrainers keep breaking. There must be something better

tudorsailor

zebahdy.blogspot.co.uk
On the cupboard doors we have brown plastic restrainers that stop the door slamming too far open. They are cheap and nasty and break with irritating regularity. Has anyone made a nice alternative? I was wondering it attaching a slim piece of bungy to the frame and to the door might door the trick but it may look a bit Heath Robinson

What have other done?

Tudorsailor

pvb

Visit site
The lockers on my Bavaria have flexible stainless steel cable restraints with crimped-on end fittings. You can buy them as spares.

TFcIYgr61xB5dHNJscRyXs64_B8YvtSMUHhL0r_QTasGVri-Gt3OVWXpy6C-2a9zmjYZFwRdY6ldqTFB0Spc=s400-c

tudorsailor

zebahdy.blogspot.co.uk
The lockers on my Bavaria have flexible stainless steel cable restraints with crimped-on end fittings. You can buy them as spares.

They look simple and effective. I wonder if I could make my own? Would you be able to tell me how long they are and how thick the cable is?

Thanks very much

TS

Daydream believer

Visit site
On the cupboard doors we have brown plastic restrainers that stop the door slamming too far open. They are cheap and nasty and break with irritating regularity. Has anyone made a nice alternative? I was wondering it attaching a slim piece of bungy to the frame and to the door might door the trick but it may look a bit Heath Robinson

What have other done?

Tudorsailor

Obtain some electric ring connectors & crimp them to some 3mm dynema cord. Fix to the door with round head screws not fully driven home so that the ring connectors can rotate.
Experiment with length to suit
You could use flexible electric wire ( rubber coated twisted wires)in lieu of dynema if you wished but these would need replacing from time to time