Planning a 'year out' HELP?

markyb

Visit site
Planning a \'year out\' HELP?

We're planning a 'year-out' within the next year or so, want to buy a cruiser (used Princess?/Fairline? 42'-48'?) & poss go round the Med?

Trying to combine a weeks hol' in the Med later this year, with me taking my ICC whilst we're there. Had various 20-24' sports cuddys/bowriders mainly for skiing, chartered an Invader 30' sports boat for a week in 93, but a virgin when it comes to mid-size cruisers.

Love to learn more, Do's & Donts', Can's & Can'ts, and get knowledge, info/experiences from 'seasoned' crusiers, live-aboards and year-outers.

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: Planning a \'year out\' HELP?

I'm not sure about the ICC, but would it be only good for the med, being non-tidal? Anyway, what would you like to know, put some questions to us and we'll all see what we can do for you. Bit of a cheek on my part, volunteering everybody else!!! But I'll help as much as I can.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Planning a \'year out\' HELP?

I thing ICC is only good for French rivers. A bit micky mouse but passes as a piece of paper for them. As far as I know, bits of paper not needed for on the sea but experience is. Be carefull of not taking on to much at once.

Haydn