piratical plans!

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Ohhhhh Arhhhhh me hearties!

Timings for 5th/6th July...

LW on Sat (at Harwich) is 07:45 BST, and HW is 14:05 BST, so we'll personally aim to be there Friday night late (certainly after 22:00).

Shoreside activity planned to start on Saturday for 16:00, so plenty of time to travel and which gives us a couple of hours of tide fall to have a bit of beach available to build the fire below the HW mark, plus some beach space for running around and generally acting like loonies!

Fire will be lit at about 21:00, we lit it a bit early last year!

We have a wide range of activities planned, and a selection of winners medals for those lucky enough to perform (entertain?) at an adequate level /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The games will have full adult participation, but are designed around the younger members of our group... so please be careful not to stand on a youngster in your determination to win, and anyone caught completing the three legged race without a child touching the ground at least 4 times over the length of the course will be subjected to piractical humiliation, culminating in a plank walking!

Pirate costumes are considered de-rigeur, and please please bring a little bit of firewood if you can.... there is usually some driftwood about, but not enough to make a decent fire.

Remember to bring a BBQ, some grub and drink... and Alan... don't forget your fire extinguisher and hacksaw for your chicken drumsticks.

If the weather is kind, we may attempt a rounding of the island (in tenders mainly) on Sunday, but tide times may make that less appealing for attendees with longer return trips, as HW isn't until 14:49BST, and you'll need most of the tide to get through Horsey Mere and over the causeway.

Otherwise, if the sun is shining, we may just choose to get all the kids ashore for a darned great big water fight!

So... the last suggested items to bring along are waterpistols, and a bucket and spade for the kids.... we may have a sandcastle competition!

For those new to the Backwaters, we'll anchor up just inside Stone Point just before where the Twizzle merges with Hamford Water, where the holding is excellent.... you'll spot us fairly easily, as there is nowhere to hide, plus we'll be mostly flying large Jolly Rogers, and certainly Morgana will be dressed overall to boot. shout via pm if you want any particular guidance on the entry or anchorage...

Look forward to seeing you all... lets hope the weather is as kind as last year!

Sixpence

Visit site
Hmm, do I do or do I don't ?

FrenchMaidPirate.jpg

Sixpence

Visit site
OY /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Louise wants to know what you think to her outfit ? does it look piraty enough /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You didn't think I was going to wear it did you ? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Quite agree about the skirt and top, though likely to get a thu..... (ouch) if I say so /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thankfully though, she doesn't wear tights /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif so that rules a skirt definately in, I know what you lot are like /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bastonjock

Visit site
well my chart portfolio arrived today,so i hope to find you guys.I purchased some pirate gear last week.

The pplan is as follows,retrieve boat from Wells harbour on thursday night tide,trailer it home.Leave work on friday and with some luck,leave Baston by 1700 at the latest,im allowing 3hours for friday night,arrive at SYH,rig and launch,park up car and trailer.Head accross to moorings avoiding large metal ships en route,get up early and sail round to walton Backwaters,might stop at anchor for breakfast.

Im not planning on bringing a tender,so ill hit ramming speed and find a sandy beach.

BBQ and nosh,and lots of drinks,firewood

looking forward to it

Laurin

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well my chart portfolio arrived today,so i hope to find you guys.I purchased some pirate gear last week.

The pplan is as follows,retrieve boat from Wells harbour on thursday night tide,trailer it home.Leave work on friday and with some luck,leave Baston by 1700 at the latest,im allowing 3hours for friday night,arrive at SYH,rig and launch,park up car and trailer.Head accross to moorings avoiding large metal ships en route,get up early and sail round to walton Backwaters,might stop at anchor for breakfast.

Im not planning on bringing a tender,so ill hit ramming speed and find a sandy beach.

BBQ and nosh,and lots of drinks,firewood

looking forward to it

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like we'll be staying in SYH Friday evening..... not sure of ETA but quite likely we'll be there around the same time as you. Look out for a pretty blue wooden boat, 26' long with a wooden mast. Give us a shout and I'm sure we could give you a hand (or a cup of tea/beer) if you need it.

bastonjock

Visit site
Hi Vreny

thanks for your offer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif,i derigged the boat today in preparation for picking her up on thursday at HW wells next the sea,is the plenty of space for me to leave my trailer? i have not spoken to SYA yet,ill do that this week,im hoping to be there at around 20.00

a cup of tea sounds great

MrCramp

Visit site
I guess you could park 100 trailers and there would still be room for more. As you drive down to the marina for the first time you might wounder whether you have lost yoour way. It is probably 2/3 miles off the main road. Worth doing an AA route for but it is well signposted, provided the signs haven't been pinched.

The slipway is very steep and there is a cable which you can attach your boat to, the car the other end, and then you have no risk of the car ending up in the drink. If without competant assistance I would ask someone if they had time to watch me down the slope. Usefull to have a person pointing the boat in the right direction.

If you have two youngsters with you it might be worthwihile mooring in the marina for the night. They do have decent facilities, and a bar in the converted lightship which is worth a visit. I always think that if you can make it more interesting for family/guests then they are more likely to come again. Being moored out all night in the middle of a river is not teenagers idea of fun.