PENZANCE

cagey

Visit site
Yes, I think there are 3, when in position they are 50 plus meters from breakwater with lighthouse unlikely they are in place at moment, not sure they can be pre booked, although holding in sand has always been good. Harbour Masters at Penzance and Newlyn very helpfull and friendly.

G12

Visit site
Yes, I think there are 3, when in position they are 50 plus meters from breakwater with lighthouse unlikely they are in place at moment, not sure they can be pre booked, although holding in sand has always been good. Harbour Masters at Penzance and Newlyn very helpfull and friendly.

There are several buoys south of the lighthouse pier for waiting for the gate to open on. I seem to remember about 8 there last summer. The sea can get very confused there with swell reflected off the harbour wall and I have first hand experience of a very miserable few hours off there waiting for more water.
There are no visitors buoys within the harbour although you can go and dry out alongside the wall if you are able/happy to do so.
Newlyn seems to have improved in the last few years as far as yachts go and If there was any swell in the bay then I'd go there instead if I didn't want to be locked in the Pz wet dock.