Penta engine no water going through sea filter

jbm1967

Visit site
Hi, hopefully someone can help. I can twin diesel Penta engines. Both have water coming out the exhaust. One you can see water going through the sea filter. The other no water going through it but can hear gurgling noises when open cap when running. I’m confused. Any ideas? Thankd

jbm1967

Visit site
Solved. The inlet pipe was partially blocked. Some water must of been getting through but not enough for me to see (in the filter I have a ping pong ballin there that jumps about when working well. Was being a bit stupid about removing the lid as you wouldn’t expect to see any water being pumped.

nortada

Visit site
Solved. The inlet pipe was partially blocked. Some water must of been getting through but not enough for me to see (in the filter I have a ping pong ball in there that jumps about when working well. Was being a bit stupid about removing the lid as you wouldn’t expect to see any water being pumped.

Fix in under 2 hours, with no financial outlay - my kind of problem.:D

All's well that ends well. :encouragement:

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Solved. The inlet pipe was partially blocked. Some water must of been getting through but not enough for me to see (in the filter I have a ping pong ballin there that jumps about when working well. Was being a bit stupid about removing the lid as you wouldn’t expect to see any water being pumped.

Did you put the ping pong ball in there or is it an integral part of your water strainer?

If you put it in there, I rather like that idea. :encouragement:

Richard

jbm1967

Visit site
Yep just popped in a normal ping pong ball and when you see it bouncing up and down you know there’s water going through the filter. That’s only way I realised there was a problem.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Yep just popped in a normal ping pong ball and when you see it bouncing up and down you know there’s water going through the filter. That’s only way I realised there was a problem.

I've never heard of that before.

I can always see the water stream whooshing up and hitting the underside of the clear lid but I'm sure that we've got an old ping-pong ball somewhere so I'll give it a try. :)

Richard