Pay-as-u-go SIM cards

maddie

Visit site
Any adice on French Pay-as-u-go SIM cards that are data enabled to allow internet conection on a laptop?

<hr width=100% size=1>Fabian

ccscott49

Visit site
That was a question I was going to ask!! I'm also interested to know, please. Also same thing for italy.

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ccscott49 on 21/05/2003 12:43 (server time).</FONT></P>

Metabarca

Visit site
I've just checked with Omnitel (Vodafone group) here in Italy and there seems to be no problem obtaining a local SIM. All they require is ID. They have rechargeable cards as well as subscriptions which would clearly be of no use to those just passing through. One of the options available is the 'carta internet' specifically for connecting to internet with your mobile. I imagine the other companies (TIN, Wind) offer similar services.

This service also almost certainly exists for Croatia; according to the website (Cronet) , that is. When I'm next there I'll buy a Sim card and then let you know how I get on.

Hope this helps

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html>http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Metabarca on 22/05/2003 13:49 (server time).</FONT></P>

colvic

Visit site
As at Wednesday pm an Orange FR simm card will cost you €30 and includes a whole 10 mins of call time. Our ex-contract Nokia accepted it as does the Virgin Siemens A50, but not the one on the pay as u go O2 service.

Costs you nothing to resive text and voice calls and if you have a French ISP then you will be able to connect via your PC or Laptop. Don't know call charges but expect them to be lower than in Spain.

Tiscali are ISPs all over Europe and it could well be worth typing in Tiscali.fr and see what happens; there may be a small installation programme on their French homepage.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
Just had a look and if you go: tiscali.fr to get the home page..look how cheap broadband is over there!!, and on the right hand side you'll see a panel in pale orange with the heading 3 MOYENS DE S'ABONNER, click on that and you'll get a demo of how to connect to pay as you go, monthly contract or broadband.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

Other threads that may be of interest