Paris Arsenal Marina - berthing question

Growltiger Girl

Visit site
Hello, we are going to be spending a month in Paris at the Paris Arsenal Marina. Any recommendations on the best location regarding a berth would be appreciated. We realise that we may not be given a choice of berth but just in case we are I would like to be able to make an informed decision. We are a Princess 35 motorboat and prefer to moor stern for ease of getting on/off but will take advice if others deem it best to go bow to.

Thank your consideration

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
No, you basically won't get a choice. It is an excellent place, well run (well it was the last time we were there) and deservedly popular all year. Although the surroundings are fairly lively, it's also pretty safe too - the safest side is the port/west side as you come through, with access gates and the ablutions are that side too.
The 'waiting/calling pontoon' that was moored up outside in the river and that resulted in a very rolly wait as each commercial peniche passed by, has gone I think and one now calls up on VHF or uses one's mobile phone. Once through the lock the capitainerie registration quay or pontoon is to starboard and you'll then be given berthing instructions.
http://www.french-waterways.com/waterways/paris.html

Enjoy!

Sybarite

Visit site
No, you basically won't get a choice. It is an excellent place, well run (well it was the last time we were there) and deservedly popular all year. Although the surroundings are fairly lively, it's also pretty safe too - the safest side is the port/west side as you come through, with access gates and the ablutions are that side too.
The 'waiting/calling pontoon' that was moored up outside in the river and that resulted in a very rolly wait as each commercial peniche passed by, has gone I think and one now calls up on VHF or uses one's mobile phone. Once through the lock the capitainerie registration quay or pontoon is to starboard and you'll then be given berthing instructions.
http://www.french-waterways.com/waterways/paris.html

Enjoy!

FWIW you will be in walking distance of the Opera.