Parcel forwarding to abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Interesting side note:
amazon.co.uk have started dispatching parcels for the EU from Northern Ireland.
Thus no need for customs declaration and VAT payments.

Couple of books/bluray I ordered arrived within 4 days.
Sticker on the package to clarify it was shipped from Northern Ireland.

lusitano

Visit site
Algarve Express, Algarve Freight and Direct Transport do the same to the Algarve. Just have parcels posted to their UK depot and they arrive a week later. Not sure if suppliers can zero rate VAT though, as they're not sending direct to overseas address.
Not anymore !
All parcel deliveries stopped in January due to complications with customs declarations etc etc.
Unlikely to resume apparently.

lusitano

Visit site
Will have to phone them to see what's happening. I picked up a parcel from Algarve Express in January and they were still operating then.

Still do-able in theory but no longer cost effective.

Example - Couple had 3 new mattresses sent over early January. Took several weeks to clear customs in Lisbon and cost an additional 1100€ in charges including agents fees and storage etc.

Almancil supermarket had several pallets of perishable goods from UK lying rotting in a Customs shed in Lisbon"awaiting clearance" all being charged storage fees at a day rate of course !
Good ol Brexit

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I used to be surprised at some of the stuff they brought out from UK, much of it available cheaper locally. Now there are Tesco, Iceland and Waitrose stockists in Almancil and Gaia, that must have reduced Algarve Express weekly UK shopping baskets. Interesting that much of the chilled supermarket stock is now ex Ireland due to Brexit restrictions.

nortada

Visit site
I used to be surprised at some of the stuff they brought out from UK, much of it available cheaper locally. Now there are Tesco, Iceland and Waitrose stockists in Almancil and Gaia, that must have reduced Algarve Express weekly UK shopping baskets. Interesting that much of the chilled supermarket stock is now ex Ireland due to Brexit restrictions.
And Portimao but it is a Covid hotspot??

Status
Not open for further replies.