packing stuff into my yacht

kunyang

Visit site
So, here we are on the eve of our adventure. Knackered. Just one car load of stuff and we're ready except, my wife said 'we have all this stuff to sort you silly old git'. That is my point. we've loaded clothes, pots and pans , tools, work mate, spares , fishing stuff, (even a ladder)and all kinds of random crap, and we've got a bag for that! So, what can i take off. I think we've some room somewhere, but not mutch.
What have you found you have never needed?

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
The ladder sounds a little OTT. And the workmate: great thing to have but bulky and you'll probably not find much use for it. Better to have a vice and a metre length of timber you can mount it to: kneel on timber to hold it still. Much easier to find a couple of holes to slide plank and vice into rather than the workmate.
Or do as we did, clear out the aft port cabin and designate it as the shed and stuff everything into it. Then review contents during the first winter layover and sell/give away/dump anything that you haven't used by then.

dnickj

Visit site
we are going through exactly the same process - just realise we must share the same wife

she says - why do you need all those battery drills

i says
1 drill
1 angle drill
1 multi tool
1 angle grinder
1 impact driver

women they just dont understand

Contest1

Visit site
Was clearing out my Centaur for a viewing by prospective buyer and found loads I never or rarely used!
Old kit I'd replaced and kept for spares?
Old cloths just in case?
Old paint , rollers,, brushes and allsorts leftiver from previous endevours?
Various pieces of wood, plastic and metal just in case?
An old horse shoe bouy complete with broken light?
10 year's accumulated used oil?
Empty bottles of all shape's and sizes?
3 toolboxes of rusted spanners and hand tools than I hardly remember owning?+ a small tray of the ones I did use regularly.
Various bits of fishing gear and rusted hooks and lures?
And finally a packet of Jaffa cakes at least 2 year's old but quite tasty.!

Last edited: