Overnight moorings between Richmond & Hampton

bdh198

Visit site
I'm going to be sailing my Sailfish 18 on the river between Richmond and Hampton in the following weeks.

She's on a trailer, but she's not light and rather than launch and retrieve her every day I would like to leave her for the occasional night on a mooring in the area. Does anyone with knowledge of that part of the Thames have any suggestions for places she could be left for the occasional night which would be relatively safe, secure and convenient for getting ashore?

Actionmat

Visit site
For safety, Teddington Lock. There are EA moorings past the Hampton Ferry on the Surrey side, then there's Hampton Court or the Kingston moorings on the Middlesex side(opposite the town centre). All are free for the first 24 hours, apart from Teddington Lock. Hampton Court is a good spot(if you can find a space). Free for the first 24hrs, then a fiver for the next night.

Last edited:

Actionmat

Visit site
Just a thought, but as you've got a rag on a stick, you might get a welcome reception from the Minima Yacht Club in Kingston or one of the others between Kingston and Hampton(there are quite a few). They may be so amazed that someone would be doing lengths and not widths in the Thames, that you might get a secure spot to leave your boat for not very much money:D