Over before it started

jamesjermain

Visit site
Whoaaa!...Serious warning

Half a tablet of Stugeron cures my seasickness, a full tablet makes me dozey and sends my wife sound a sleep for 24 hours - be very,very careful about taking a quintuple dose - you might not wake up again

JJ

pugwash

Visit site
Re patches

When I last checked, scopolomine patches are now sold only on prescription in the US though it might depend on which State you're in. They are sold over the counter in Canada and you can buy them on the net. The UK has patches available on prescription but I'm not sure what the medicine is. The US Coast Guard bans them because they are addictive and can lead to balance problems. For me, they cause double vision on close focus (eg when looking at a chart) after a couple of days. I wouldn't drive on them. But they work marvellously.

tjm

Visit site
Many thanks for all your comments and helpful advice.When I posted the original thread I was so demoralised I didnt know whether I was wanting to continue but having watched the girl on "Faking It" I feel I should have more resolve so I'll continue on the lake but stock up on pills and potions if and when I venture onto the sea.
Thanks again
Tom

Opinionated

Visit site
Scopalomine patches can be got on prescription from your GP. Their effect (on me) are little different from Stugeron.

Re: Stugeron, I have heard that people vary considerably in their response as far as any drowsiness is concerned. My wife and I notice no increase in drowsiness and they are effective just so far. My friend's wife takes them and she is definitely sleepy.

By promoting the idea that they are mind-numbing, I think you do others a disfavour - in the nicest possible way, of course.

I want someone to simply invent a pill which STOPS it, not sometime, not for some people, but for ME, for ALL TIME!!

(I don't have to agree with YOUR opinions, but I'll defend your right to express them).