Oven replacement - recommendations?

Shuggy

Visit site
I fitted a Techimpex XL2 about 15 years ago and it needs replacing as corrosion is slowly killing it. The Spinflo Nelson is no longer available and anything by Force 10 is out of my budget. Before I just buy another Techimpex (which has been pretty good to be fair) does anyone have any alternative recommendations please? The Dometic Sunlight looks ok but the gimbals would need to be modified and there is no piezo ignition system, which I would prefer to have.

The space is shallow so I can't fit anything with a grill - just a hob and oven (about 500mm wide).

Thanks.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
If you are satisfied with the Techimpex and 15 years seems reasonable service for a budget cooker go with that as it will fit without problem in the existing space. Any other is likely to be more expensive and require some sort of modification.

ashtead

Visit site
I suspect a question determined by budget - what do wish to pay -we have an eno but I would not buy another but they are widely fitted . I assume you wish to retain gas ?

Shuggy

Visit site
Thanks all. My budget is c.£1000 max so I've got the Techimpex at #1, the Neptune 4500 at #2 and I've tried to phone the Levante folk for a price but I suspect it will be out of budget. It does look excellent though.

And yes - definitely gas. I'm not up for the cost of moving to electric!

ashtead

Visit site
Having looked back at previous posts on this topic I see mention of Bainbridge ovens -I have no knowledge of them but might be worth a look. In old posts some rated ovens and it would appeatPBO once did a review of the various players eg force 10, eno etc.

Tranona

Visit site
I fitted a Techimpex XL2 about 15 years ago and it needs replacing as corrosion is slowly killing it. The Spinflo Nelson is no longer available and anything by Force 10 is out of my budget. Before I just buy another Techimpex (which has been pretty good to be fair) does anyone have any alternative recommendations please? The Dometic Sunlight looks ok but the gimbals would need to be modified and there is no piezo ignition system, which I would prefer to have.

The space is shallow so I can't fit anything with a grill - just a hob and oven (about 500mm wide).

Thanks.
A year ago there would be no contest as the Techimpex was under £500. Now it is £750! The Pacific 4500 looks the best deal now Leisure Products Pacific 4500 2 Burner Cooker with Oven

I have had both and on balance the LP cookers are marginally better not least because they tend to use standard burners. Eno equivalent is even more expensive than Techimpex.