Outboard, Extra long shaft 8 or 9.9hp

greggron

Visit site
Wanted to go in well and capable of charging a battery. Preferably manual start but happy with electric. High thrust would be ideal. Oh, and reliable of course.

Thanks

Greg

C

catalac08

a friend of mine is replacing his 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke extra long shaft with a bigger engine. I think it is about a 1998 model and has very good battery charging output. Engine has been regularly used used but is reliable. From knowledge of his annual sailing and my engine hours (I have a similar boat) and the engine's previous history I would guess the engine has done about 900-1000 hours. The reason he is selling is that the engine is a bit small for the boat and it struggles in strong headwinds plus adverse current on a 9M catamaran. Downside is that engine not available until April 15th, when I am exchanging his engine for a 30Hp ultra long shaft. PM me if this is of interest and I can give you his contact.

greggron

Visit site
a friend of mine is replacing his 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke extra long shaft with a bigger engine. I think it is about a 1998 model and has very good battery charging output. Engine has been regularly used used but is reliable. From knowledge of his annual sailing and my engine hours (I have a similar boat) and the engine's previous history I would guess the engine has done about 900-1000 hours. The reason he is selling is that the engine is a bit small for the boat and it struggles in strong headwinds plus adverse current on a 9M catamaran. Downside is that engine not available until April 15th, when I am exchanging his engine for a 30Hp ultra long shaft. PM me if this is of interest and I can give you his contact.
thanks pm sent

Hawkeye3

Visit site
engine

I'm interested in this engine. Where is it located?