Ostend 2007 - Roll call

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
So, who's going then?
Usual caveats: must have boat, must be able to afford diesel, weather must play nice, etc...

Guapa - ETD Levington 24/05 10H00 local - ETA Ostend 24/05 22H00 local

Sailorman - get your camera out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
(FYI: Ostend 24/05 HW 20H32 local)

Would be nice to have a "meeting of the minds" over beer/wine & mussels Sat 26 or Sun 27 May.

PS: Guapa intends a trail run week after Easter

CliveG

Visit site
We will be there.

Sirenia - 26' raggie

Crew
Me over 50
Son 21
Daughter 24
Daughter 18

ETD Ramsholt 16:00 24th May
ETA Ostend 11:00 25th May

Would be good to meet up but not sure about the mussels.

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
We are considering it - for the first time. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Got the boat, got the diesel still (and will probably top up before the price goes up as we have substantial tanks) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, have yet to get the new masts and sails but surely the marine industry can sort that out for us in three months - can't they? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
No idea of ETD (also Orwell based) yet as haven't got that far with the tidal atlas but we anticipate a late Thursday/early Friday departure with an arrival early/late Friday depending on the tides.

sailorman

Visit site
Jolie Brise depart Languard approx 07.00 hrs /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gifon the thusday ETA Oostende 17.00hrs /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif , reverse into berth tie-up in time for Bier-Oclock 17.05 hrs /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Wheres me Duval then /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
Jolie Brise depart Languard approx 07.00 hrs /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gifon the thusday ETA Oostende 17.00hrs

[/ QUOTE ]

You plan to X in 9Hrs /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I know JB's fast; but is an average speed of over 8kts not somewhat optimistic /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sailorman

Visit site
07.00 -
10.00 =

when i wuz @ skool /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Have done Niewpoort > Languard 9 3/4 s/handed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
Not planning to leave Lowestoft till 14.30 on saturday 26th. Crew member is saying something strange about mot for car that morning.

Crossing 4 hours = 18.30 or 19.30 Ostende time /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But will I be arriving after everyone has left? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
All the slow (sorry sail) boats seem to be leaving Thursday night or Friday morning and arriving before Saturday morning. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

will there be space if its also a party weekend for the Belgians. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I have been told I cant be unsociable and go into the Mercator Marina /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

plan for me is to leave after a couple of days for Middleberg and Zierkzee. then home Friday ish...depending on the weather.

i hope i dont have to withdraw from the event...I am looking forward to it.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
we'll be there... one way or another.....

If we are in our own boat, will be a late Friday/early sat departure to arrive mid afternoon Sat.... time to tie up, tidy up, and then a Duvel or two....

Doug.... stop worrying about the berthing... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
we'll be there... one way or another.....

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sounds familiar /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Was in a similar situation myself last year - "old" boat just sold, "new" boat only a glimmer in my eye; but knew I was going to be there.

PS: what's this about a Duvel or two?
It's one of 4 occasions per year I make no apologies for being slightly intoxicated. The women in the family will have to look after me. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tousaint

Visit site
Hi! I am cruising a dutch barge to the UK through Oostende as soon after easter as practical. Can anyone please help me find a temporary mooring???? Cheers, Rod. (rshelton@sgfl.org.uk)

FullCircle

Visit site
Rod,
take your email out of the body of the message or you will be spambotted forever. Put it in your profile, or use PM system.

How long is the barge, and what area of East Coast are you looking for?
Do you need swinging, drying, pontoon?