oooooooooops

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
mate of mine got back from Portals

last thursday moored outside was a brand new replica square rigger cost 3m squids

my mate was moored upat the fuel pontoon on a chartered phantom.

he got back from restaraunt this square rigger was playin cds through its pa system, crew on the lash it would appear. the marina couldnot do anything about it as the boat was outside.

a force 7 gotup

mate was up watchin the fenders on the pontoon as the phantom was starting to ride up and down a bit. he saw the square rig boat dragging its anchor. which he described as captain pugwash type that looks good on the side of the boat but obviously aint so hot on the sea bed

anyways he starts oinking his horn to try and get their attention.
loads of peeps appear telling himto shut up. at which point he points to the boat which is fast approaching the reef and the rocks. someoene goes out in a dinghy and starts banging on hull. noone rouses

noone appears on deck until it hits the reef and satrts heeling. they radio for help but there is no boat big enough to pull them. so the boat ends up on rocks over the reef. next day owner appears. this boat has only arrived from honkers 3 weeks and this guy has never set foot on it afloat. him not happy chappy.

i am assuming crew and skipper are looking for new jobs.

set an anchor watchwould appear to be moral.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

Visit site
As of this morning she is still well and truly high and dry. Tugs have been having a fairly laid back Spanish attempt at pulling her off for a few days but have given up now.

The irony is they were shooting an advert for John Player fags and crew had been heard around the bars in Portals bragging that they wanted some really rough weather to get some good action shots!

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
i've got pics on the way
will post what i get as soon as i can.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>