One for Henry... Awful sale pictures

Cheery

This is a pet hate of mine if you see some of my previous posts. Admittedly this boat is in the lower price bracket, it is still shameful that you could hope to garner interest with pictures like those. Ugh!

prv

Disappointed - I was expecting much worse than that :)

At least it didn't have skidmarked pants in shot, or visible fungus growing on the upholstery, both of which we've seen in similar threads in the past :p

Pete

James L

Fair enough to crudely cover up the boat name, but why use the brightest of bright white to make the boat look grubby.

henryf

Oh dear!

Having popped on to the brokers website - yep, these cowboys do this for a living, it is not an isolated incident.

You do wonder what goes through someone's head when they do this sort of thing.

On the bright side it means one less competitor for anyone with similar boats for sale :)

Henry :)

D

Deleted User YDKXO

It is amazing. If you were a broker why would you waste your time and money publishing these photos? Surely either the broker would have said to the owner clean up your boat before I take any photos or with a little bit of effort, the broker could have removed the junk himself from the areas he was photographing. I guess boat sales must be too easy in Portugal to bother

petem

Part of me thinks there's a great opportunity for a buyer on a budget to look beyond the crap and find a good boat underneath at a knock down price.

But I suspect that boats that are kept like this aren't well maintained and pictures like this should be taken as a warning.

benjenbav

A picture is worth 1,000 words, right? Right

And here the genius is that the pictures are saying:

"Boat for sale. 8 years old. Tired. Bit sh@gged actually"

See: just 10 words.

benjenbav

And I didn't even have to look beyond the first picture to leap to that conclusion.

benjenbav

Monday morning: the broker is checking the hits on the site...*

This boat is now trending like a video of an amusing-looking cat with a Hitler 'tache.

Just goes to show webtraffic doesn't always equate to sales...

* They do, don't they?