on-linemarine.com

G

Has anyone ordered and recieved anything promtly from this online chandler?

G

I assume that you mean on-line-marine.com (owned by Century Retail Ltd.) and not onlinemarine.com, the US company?
Well, I've ordered twice from YBW-marine-store.com - also owned by Century Retail, and it's in fact the same site as on-line-marine....
The first time, the books I ordered took several months to arrive (yes - months, and I moved house!)
The second time, the goods which I ordered arrived in three consignements, the first after about two weeks, the second after four weeks, and the third after seven weeks.
Their Retail Manager (Carl Pentin) is a nice chap, and a good talker, but doesn't perhaps appreciate how a customer can feel let down when no communication is forthcoming. This is in contrast to the Retail Manager of Shoreline/Cruisermart (can't remember his name, John Scott?) who gets results, and enpowers his staff to get results. Guess who'll get my next order?
PS. It's a pity that cruisermart's web site is so appalingly slow (Century Retail sites are quick but lack some product descriptions) - but Cruisermart are good on the 'phone and their new shop at Hedge End is handy if a little sparsely stocked. Get their paper catalogue - very handy.

G

Thank you for your reply, My experiances are a pair of size 9 sailing boots that never ever materialised, desite several promises of overnight delivery, which I had paid for. If any readers can do a credit search on Century Retail Ltd they may have a surprise. As for Cruisermart, having ordered a Nasa depth sounder fitting kit from their catalogue and being promised a 2 week delivery, upon further enquiey was told that delivery would be a further 4 weeks. I then enquired from Nasa for any reason for the delay to be informed that no orders from Cruisermart had been recieved for this kit. Some service!

G

Re: Century Retail Ltd

So do you mean that you've done some research but you don't intend to slander them?

Regards,
Richard.