old sails, for the skip?

chubby

www.flickr.com
I am having a new suit of sails so what to do with the 15+ year old ones, not really worth keeping as spares, much patched and shapeless so any point in trying to sell or pass on, not really interesting making shopping bags out of them, in the skip?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
I am having a new suit of sails so what to do with the 15+ year old ones, not really worth keeping as spares, much patched and shapeless so any point in trying to sell or pass on, not really interesting making shopping bags out of them, in the skip?

Ask Exchange Sails if they're interested. If they are, send them the wrong things, twice, four weeks late.

FullCircle

Visit site

Advertise them on the For Sale board to give away or a donation to RNLI or similar. There is always someone worse off than you.....

I need some for locker lining bags....:rolleyes:

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Put them on eBay with an honest description and a starting price of 99p (and stipulate buyer pays post or collects)

I did the same a few years ago and made a fiver I wasn't expecting to get for quite the tattiest sail I've ever seen - buyer was an artist and was using it for an "installation" :rolleyes:
I've also heard that they go for sun shades/awnings...

pvb

Visit site
I've found old sails are useful to protect the ground when dumping soil/rubble/etc on it. An old Westerly Corsair mainsail was very handy when I had 5 tons of wood chippings dumped on to the gravel drive.