OK Kim, The old argument meeting

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
The problem seems to be in the Solent and from all of my experience that is certainly the case. By definition it therefore has to be the Solent I suspect.

I've got some thoughts on a couple of hosts who might be interested. Let me float the idea to them and I'll get back.

Would stress that MkI, if it is to happen this year, would be a pretty informal affair. But then perhaps that would be best anyway...?

kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

iangrant

Visit site
Folly Inn - per chance?

Informal - you bet!

All we need is a venue/date in the autumn announced/voted here on the forum and there yer go, anyone last/not there is a ninny!

Ian

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Again, from experience of similar things, the ideal venue will be one where we can easily get to all of the boats on foot, one that is not too far from open water and one where the boats can be cast off and moored throughout the day. That way people can get out and sample as well as get in (each others' drinks lockers) and sample.

Jaw jaw only would be constructive but a bit of activity possibly better?

kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

BarryD

Visit site
I'd say Chichester Yatch Club - big marina. Easy access from the sea and road. Trouble is it's a 40 min run to the Solent. Mind you great chance to show the low speed / wash problems.

So you unscrew this, and put it safely here, then oopps...
All - IMHO, BTW, FWIW and NWGOI

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
>
I'd say Chichester Yatch Club - big marina
>
and a golden opportunity to watch lunatics in small dinghies tack across your bows while you are stuck in a narrow channel...

what was that crunch dear?

Two beers please, my friend is paying.

burgundyben

Visit site
Re: Whoa there

Its 'kin miles away for a start, and the weather wont be as good as down here.

Chichester sounds ok, but not really central solent, for me Cowes/Medina is obvious as will attract from Chichester to Poole, if at Chi then too far for Poole raggies. Wot about East Cowes Marina?

Ooo, good evening officer.........

jfm

Visit site
Needs to be where can go out into open water for 30mins and come back. Chichester River too long imho. Busier the better, with dinghies, sailboats, MBs and ferries. Pubs needed of course. So has to be, in order of pref

1. W Cowes marina
2. E Cowes marina
3. Lymington

iangrant

Visit site
Kim, we know that ...

the MD of MDL monitors this board - so perhaps he would like to offer a little something for the weekend? I got a club outlook card so I don't care?

Centre Parks - the Holiday the weather can't spoil
Sailing with your mates - the holiday the wife can't spoil

Ian