Oh i cant decide help!

G

Im looking for a sporty cruising boat that I can maybe race that's around £18,000 but there are so many!
Any suggesions?

G

You're right there are many to choose from. One of the obvious factors is size. The bigger the boat the older it'll be , and if you want to club race it you'll almost cetainly need a new suit of sails which will eat into your budget. One that springs to mind is the Westerly GK29 which is a good size for cruising and will acquit herself in a club race. Going down a size is the Hunter Impala or a Contessa 28. The list as you say goes on and on. Try to come up with a set of criteria and narrow it down to 2 or 3 boats to look at more seriously. Good luck.

G

Not allowed to sell my Jeanneau Symphonie to you on this forum!

Ian

G

Richard, if you don\'t know what you want.....

....then clearly anything will do. So just go and get something and try it out. If you don't like it, repeat the experiment with something else. Do this often enough and you'll eventually know what it is you DO want -- and you won't need anyone's help in deciding.

And if you think I'm being flippant, you're mistaken.

G

Re: Richard, if you don\'t know what you want.....

Richard,
If you are in real difficulty, I will put myself out and help you.
Please post me the money and I will purchase something suitable, sail it, have great fun, send you all th bills and tell you just how much you enjoyed it and what sort of boasts to use in the yacht club.
Yours
Scrounger

G

You could try a Spring 25.
Quite a few about and plenty of good races and sailing.
Join the user group.
£15k to £18k

G

GK29 agree

Super boat, we had one for four years, cruised it from Hebrides to Douarnenez to Schull over various summer cruises. Good performance, excellent seaboat, lots of space below.

The Impala is rather lighter and in my opinion less of a cruiser and more of a racer, but also a good boat.