? NOT THE WAY TO TREAT YOUR FRIENDS - YOURS Mr DISGUSTED, LAGOS?

nortada

Visit site
After a 650 year treaty of friendship why has Bozo and his buffoons singled out Portugal to impose a 2 week quarantine all returning to the UK from Portugal❓

Must be the stats.

Since the beginning of the pandemic The Algarve, with a resident population of 1/2 million, has has 790 cases and 15 deaths (the last death was over a month back).

It would be interesting to have sight of the stats that UK used to make this decision.

The English weekly, the Portuguese News (www.theportuguesenews.com), has launched a petition to register disgust at the British Governments actions.

Please find it in your hearts to register your view on Bozo’s action?

Last edited:

Bouba

Visit site
I can’t imagine that the quarantine has been imposed out of spite. It would be done purely on statistics. And the quarantine isn’t about saving Great Britain, it’s about saving your family and friends because they are your first contact.
Two weeks is nothing. Suck it up?

Chris_Robb

Visit site
There has been huge pressure on this and I understand it because of the Lisbon situation....you should know more being on the spot? Bozo is desperate to open as much as possible

nortada

Visit site
So let’s have these statistics.

Here in The Algarve the stats (#1) speak for them selves.

Yes, Porto and Lisbon do have problems but they are hundreds of miles from here, which doesn’t.

So impose sanctions on those areas as has happened with Leicester and the like but lay-off a clean Algarve.

The irony is, for those who want to get around quarantine, fly into Saville at make the quick journey into Portugal but this won’t work for package holidaymakers.

Fly into Saville, half a mo, Barcelona and Catalonia are far worse than anything in Portugal so how is it there is no quarantine for inbounds from Spain.

You couldn’t make it up.??

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site
I can’t imagine that the quarantine has been imposed out of spite. It would be done purely on statistics. And the quarantine isn’t about saving Great Britain, it’s about saving your family and friends because they are your first contact.
Two weeks is nothing. Suck it up?

Stats don’t add up so as this cannot be about protecting Brit holiday makers -why❓

More stats - it would be interesting to hear how many inbounds test positive during quarantine❓Bet they won’t be forthcoming, much too embarrassing.

The risk of 2 weeks quarantine is the difference between holidaying in Portugal or elsewhere.

Suck it up❓Mindless comments have no place here so think you must be in the wrong forum.

nortada

Visit site
There is quarantine from midnight tonight for all arrivals in the UK from Spain.

Well at least the playing field has been levelled but bad news for all of those folks in Spain who are now confronted with 2 weeks lock-in, on their return from holiday.

I suspect this last stroke will be the death of holidays outside the UK this summer.

Point of interest. Now that the status of Spain has changed, will holiday insurance still be valid❓

Bouba

Visit site
They are talking of closing the border between France and Spain. Let’s not make this an argument about Boris.
It’s an inconvenience, no more, to tailor make a quarantine for each person depending on their itinerary or who they have come in contact with, is probably asking too much of our government.

nortada

Visit site
They are talking of closing the border between France and Spain. Let’s not make this an argument about Boris.
It’s an inconvenience, no more, to tailor make a quarantine for each person depending on their itinerary or who they have come in contact with, is probably asking too much of our government.

Who is the ‘they’, France or Spain❓

Like you, it not significant to me but I do feel for the average holidaymaker, who has looked forward to their annual break for some time only to be left with this dilemma and the risk of losing every thing - including their money.

Not just Boris I blame all so called leaders in this crisis who seem incapable of making clear and at times, unpopular decisions and sticking to them. This continual vacillation leaves people in the worst of all worlds.

The problem is the conflicting issues of public health, the economy and popularity (essential to all politicians). For me it is simple; health comes first, second and third. The economy, very important but until public health can be assured, the economy is a non-starter.

All steps possible have to be taken until the vaccine becomes available. Then repair the economy.

The irony is that with a large majority and 4 years to run, Boris has everything on his side to make unpopular decisions and still survive.

Bouba

Visit site
Who is the ‘they’, France or Spain❓

Like you, it not significant to me but I do feel for the average holidaymaker, who has looked forward to their annual break for some time only to be left with this dilemma and the risk of losing every thing - including their money.

Not just Boris I blame all so called leaders in this crisis who seem incapable of making clear and at times, unpopular decisions and sticking to them. This continual vacillation leaves people in the worst of all worlds.

The problem is the conflicting issues of public health, the economy and popularity (essential to all politicians). For me it is simple; health comes first, second and third. The economy, very important but until public health can be assured, the economy is a non-starter.

All steps possible have to be taken until the vaccine becomes available. Then repair the economy.

The irony is that with a large majority and 4 years to run, Boris has everything on his side to make unpopular decisions and still survive.
N, i only see from the French side so they is France. It’s becoming obvious that no one is predicting this disease accurately and it’s almost impossible to get the balance right between protecting the economy and protecting the people. So I’m not as harsh as you. I don’t think Boris is doing an incompetent job, indeed I think he probably has the balance about right. But luck will play a huge part of this

nortada

Visit site
N, i only see from the French side so they is France. It’s becoming obvious that no one is predicting this disease accurately and it’s almost impossible to get the balance right between protecting the economy and protecting the people. So I’m not as harsh as you. I don’t think Boris is doing an incompetent job, indeed I think he probably has the balance about right. But luck will play a huge part of this

Didn’t say Boris is incompetent, rather, in this kind of situation strong, clear leadership is required. Boris is not alone in lacking in this department.

The air-bridge was a ridicules idea from the start and doomed to fail when infection rates began to climb. Possibly the result of the air-bridges.

The right answer would have been to bin overseas holidays for this summer. Alright, huge pain in some areas but excellent for the home holiday industry.

Last edited:

Bouba

Visit site
Strong leadership might involve saying some countries are off limits. It’s not just leaders that should quickly adapt to fast changing circumstances. We must as well. If our holiday home or boat is in a high transmission zone then we need also to accept that.
If the government changes its position because of your petition, is that strong leadership or a sign of weakness?

nortada

Visit site
Strong leadership might involve saying some countries are off limits. It’s not just leaders that should quickly adapt to fast changing circumstances. We must as well. If our holiday home or boat is in a high transmission zone then we need also to accept that.
If the government changes its position because of your petition, is that strong leadership or a sign of weakness?

Yep strong leadership can involve unpopular decisions. But strong, clear leadership would result in public support - not what we are seeing now.

That petition - no chance of the British Government responding to that - too few votes involved.

Tony Cross

Visit site
I think it's all politics, and all intended to make Boris look good. The UK messed up badly in its response to COVID but Boris and his cronies still want to portray Britain as a 'world leader' and the easiest way to do that without doing any economic damage or risking losing even more support at home, is to pretend that foreign countries are doing much worse and imposing restrictions on travel there. This kind of smokescreen has all the smell of Cummings about it....

greeny

Visit site
Regardless of the politics.
Its people who contaminate other people, people who spread this disease.
When I hear of specially arranged covid parties in Lisbon, see large crowds gathering in UK., walk down the road in the evening here in Ferragudo and see dozens of what are mostly Lisbonites having weekend parties in their holiday homes, it comes as no surprise that infection rates are on the rise.
I am now seeing the Portuguese welcome of two kisses begin to resurrect itself at restaurants and cafes. Will people never learn. They obviously haven't lost a loved one yet.
A lot of people are trying to restrict their travel and social contact with others only for it all to be tossed away by idiots.
I'm afraid that the only way this will stop is with "herd immunity" and many more deaths before we get to that point. Whilst vaccines keep getting plugged in the press, none of them are proven and all of them seem to have caveats attached.

Bouba

Visit site
Regardless of the politics.
Its people who contaminate other people, people who spread this disease.
When I hear of specially arranged covid parties in Lisbon, see large crowds gathering in UK., walk down the road in the evening here in Ferragudo and see dozens of what are mostly Lisbonites having weekend parties in their holiday homes, it comes as no surprise that infection rates are on the rise.
I am now seeing the Portuguese welcome of two kisses begin to resurrect itself at restaurants and cafes. Will people never learn. They obviously haven't lost a loved one yet.
A lot of people are trying to restrict their travel and social contact with others only for it all to be tossed away by idiots.
I'm afraid that the only way this will stop is with "herd immunity" and many more deaths before we get to that point. Whilst vaccines keep getting plugged in the press, none of them are proven and all of them seem to have caveats attached.
I have to agree, I look around and despair. It’s like the message hasn’t penetrated. It’s so difficult social distancing when crowds of people don’t let you pass. And, as always, it’s the young who live in a selfish bubble

nortada

Visit site
This is from the left of the left bbc (Boris Bashing Corporation) even they don’t smell a conspiracy
Spain drives fears of European 'second wave'

So the BBC are responsible for imposing the 14 day quarantine, first on Portugal and now Spain?

The BBC, not Boris, is running the country - an interesting theory.

That's it I won't renew my TV license - that will teach 'em.