Not Received Licence Renewal

Chris_d

Visit site
All came through in December, even got my actual sticker for the first time ever before Xmas. The new direct debit payments are at least something the EA is doing right at the moment.

byron

RIP
Visit site
I got mine in December but haven't renewed yet. My MoT ran out in March 2007. I only had the boat re-tested yesterday and await receiving my new ticket before I can re-new.

Brayman

Visit site
I got my renewal before Christmas and sent it off about Christmas time but haven't received the sticker yet. I wanted to make sure of the monthly payment.

Rich_S

Visit site
Thanks for the feedback!
Phoned EA and sent to my old address where it normally gets forwarded but must have gone astray this time.
Another one in the post now.
Sorry but this double handling may put a bit more on next years fees /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rich

Ramage

Visit site
Renewal sent off, cheque cashed by EA on 4th January. No sticker as yet,

Phoned EA on Monday (before I went out on the boat). They confirmed the licence had been issued and that I was OK to use the boat on the Thames.

TrueBlue

Visit site
Just rang them up -

An urbane fellow (no sense of humour) aid they'd only received mine on 2nd. January - and me having posted it on 13th. December. He can't be serious - Royal Mail can't be that slow.

My guess is that they've had the DD applications sitting around in a large pile until they get sufficient round to-its. "Quick, bank the cheques before the customer goes bust" (or DEFRA come to think of it...) is probably the rule.

Well, as nobody goes on the river in the winter months, let alone patrol launches, I suppose it doesn't matter.

Next year I'll wait until March as I usually do and fingers vertical to the lot of 'em.

Brayman

Visit site
Re: Just rang them up -

Obviously the post room had two weeks off so nothing got stamped until they came back to work in January.

I normally wait till March but I fancy the 6 month payout so have to get it in early.

teddington_lock

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

Next year I'll wait until March as I usually do and fingers vertical to the lot of 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Elessar

Visit site

What a professional and restrained response when you may consider yourself to be one of "the lot of them"

I don't think anyone here has a problem with any of the staff we see working on the river - in my view on the contrary.

I think the price hike is too much, the BSS a PItA etc but that's a different thing.

No Regrets

Visit site

It depends which side of Teddington he works....

If he's a downriver bod, he won't mind at all /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No Regrets

Visit site

This is the Teddington halfway up the Thames isn't it?

Hmmm.....are you new?

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TrueBlue

Visit site
Hey, Teddington - that was just a throwaway line

Absolutely no beef with you guys at the sharp end - you're the salt of the earth, luv you to bits - if that's the right expression. 99.99% of you are fun chaps. A couple of gloomy types further upstream (but I'm working on it).

My issue is with all the nameless, faceless staff offline who come up with weird dictats that the public facing fellows have to deal with - such as the Rising Sun symbols, weird rules about wearing life jackets, different push button schemes in pubic access mode for each section of the river and so on.

I was miffed, in that, for once I turned round the documentation in record time so that the poor beleaguered EA could increase its cash pile. I also wanted to take a vicarious, anoraky pleasure in having a license - or is it registration dated from 1st. January. You, know holier than thou, or some such.

What stuck in my craw was Mr. Grim at Reading swore blind that it hadn't been received until 2nd. January - Bovine ordure, not <span style="color:blue">stamped</span> until 2 January maybe.....

Of course the whole thing doesn't matter a jot, but topics are slow while the River is continually on Red boards.

So apologies Teddington Lockies - it's not you - just them others.

Have a thoroughly nice day!

teddington_lock

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
This is the Teddington halfway up the Thames isn't it?

Hmmm.....are you new?

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right, the one half way up , just between Richmond and Kingston ...

Been at Tedders for about 4 years now , was a district relief for a couple before that ....

True Blue ..... thanks ! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Are you on Reds upstream at the mo ? still on yellows at Tedders , i expect we'll go red soon ... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TrueBlue

Visit site

[quote
True Blue ..... thanks ! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Are you on Reds upstream at the mo ? still on yellows at Tedders , i expect we'll go red soon ... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno - the boat's at Marlow, but I'm north of Brighton. I only make the pilgrimage when there is a reasonable prospect of getting out to her (as opposed to eve going out on her).

Friendly "new" Lockie at Hurley was remarking that he seemed to have been on Reds all December - when we went out just after Christmas.

On "ordinary" Reds navigation's OK but only for folks who know the river well and have enough power. There are a few locks that I would not attempt, however.

Anyway we had a couple of nice days 'cept I had my first dunking - quite an salutary event. I will now wear one-of-those-blow-up-jobbies in the winter months or in the summer when it's running. I used to think they were for non swimmers only..

Topic Drift

I guess everyone's on Reds now (at the time of writing Friday 11th. Jan 11:35), looking out of my study window my ditch has overflowed our road, slowing my neighbours 4x4's down - so I guess you've a lot of water too...