Not impressed !!

Col

Visit site
Having just done the deal on the next boat, I thought I would shop around for a couple of insurance quotes. The ones I rang, all gave me a quote there and then.
Then I thought I would try navigators+general ( clicked their banner on this site )
Left all details, and email address, that was nearly 2 weeks ago, still haven't heard anything. Why do they bother advertising if their not going to answer?

BTW any recommendations for insurance companies?
I'm with GJW at the moment, but they seem to be getting a bit pricey.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Col ! send an email to mhaley@aylesbury.ac.uk mention me.
You might be in for a pleasant surprise. It's a bit complex to explain why he can do it cheaper suffice it to say that the brokerage belongs to the Yacht Club and all profits are returned to members.

ô¿ô

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Try Bishop Skinner. They give you 10% off for being a member of the RYA and another 10% for being Yachtmaster qualified which they must be regretting in my case 'coz I've just lobbed them a £5k claim. They've been v. efficient in dealing with my claim as well.

DepSol

Visit site
Same here no claims yet but covered for underwater damage at a premium less than my previous boat which was only worth £12k!

coliholic

Visit site
Absolutley ditto to Boat One. HKJ and one claim for outdrive damage. Cheque rec'd in 3 days, reasonable premiums. Just hope they don't read this and up the rates tho.

BarryD

Visit site
HJK So far so good

Also with HJK as they had the best premium around by a long shot (well £50), somewhere around the low £200's for a novice user. Allthough they said I had to get RYA Pwoerboat training before I was allowed out without an "experienced" skipper on board.

Barry D

Col

Visit site
Re: Haven Knox Johnston

HKJ quoted over £600 at boat show. The boat is diesel 2x200hp 31knts.
A friend has a similar value boat 2X 420hp petrols 40+knts, not got ICC or yachtmaster ( I have ) Yet he has been quoted just less than £400 for same sort of cover. It just doesn't make sense.
Do you think this sounds a bit steep, or am I being tight ?

DepSol

Visit site

I pay £302 for my Jeanneau Leader 805 one claim 1998 and been insured since 94

This inc all gadgets dinghy motor etc full cover inc underwater damage

£100 excess with HKJ

BTW no boaty qualifications just the fact my broker does know that I know my way around the area.

BarryH

Visit site
Couple of people have "Knocked" GJW. but i have found them fairly good, ok their quote was'nt the cheapest but in this day and age you get what you pay for.

I think you should really look at what is really covered by any particular policy, some leccy navigation gear is only covered if its a fixed model, ie not a handheld GPS in a bracket, and then only if it is removed/secured when the boat is not occupied.

There, thats got you all running through the small print. But thats the morale of the story READ the smallprint, thats where all the little gems of getout clauses are.

Regards BarryH :cool:

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com

I paid around £450 for my new Targa 30 (2 * 170BHP KAD32's). No experience to start with except Day Skipper. Found they were really good e.g. when selling boat they held cover for two weeks for free whilst the deal went thru. Said I'd only have to pay any premium if I wanted to claim.

Also when boat was broken into and door chipped (very very small chip) they'd paid me £1000 in cash to live with the chip. Other alternative was to virtually have the whole boat dismantled so that they could get the door out to replace it. (Estimate £2000). They were happy to pay for either.

G

What you say is quite concerning, we have been searching for your quote request since it was brought to my attention and there are none outstanding any later than 15th Jan (awaiting more info) We have not had quote requests go astray in the past and are committed to a 3 day turn around if you don't get an immediate quote online.

Please can you confirm the referral reference generated when your quote wasn't completed or what other method you used to submitted your details to us.

Your feedback is welcomed and can only help us improve the web system for others in the future.

Joe Field (Marketing Manager, Navigators & General)

coliholic

Visit site
Cor excellent Joe. A supplier that reads the forum and bothers to respond here. Could just as easily have sent Col a PM and we'd all have never known.

I'm impressed.

Go on Col, tell us. How good was their quote, or would that be unfair?