Non Bukh Engine Mounts for DV20?

Paragon

Visit site
Has anyone used engine mounts from anyone other than Bukh for their DV20? At >£180 for a set plus the messing with shims it's a bit eye watering!

Other makes with bolt and nut adjustment have got to be easier. I've done a search but nothing useful came up.

Thanks in advance.

Paragon

Visit site
Thanks Nick, that's just what I wanted!

I can't believe given the number of these engines out there that there aren't any alternatives to the OEM offering!

Regards

John

Poignard

Visit site

Gypsyjoss

Visit site
On the DV24 they are made by Trelleborg. The part number is stamped on the bottom. I saved a considerable sum buying them direct (from AV I think). However if you get them from Bukh I understand that you do get new bolts and shim sets as well. Bukh do sell the shim sets seperately (I bought some). I did consider the type with adjusters but couldn't find any that would fit without relocating the engine bearers. In the end it was no great hassle to level the engine using shims.
Cheers Pete

Paragon

Visit site
Thanks Pete, were the shims expensive?

I'm moving from a BW6 gearbox to a BW7 gearbox which I understand is 14mm higher so I'm going to need to mess with the mounting brackets and thus the adjustable nut versions may be feasible.

Be interesting to know if the shim set was expensive though.

Thanks

John

Gypsyjoss

Visit site
Shims

Thanks Pete, were the shims expensive?

Be interesting to know if the shim set was expensive though.

Thanks

John

Hi John
Now I'm home, I'm better informed! The mounts for the DV24ME are Trelleborg RAB2. I purchased 4 for £72 (inc. post and vat) in July 2009 from Robush Vibration Solutions Tel.01473 738569. They also have a good website. Most helpful!

The shim kit (which includes new locking washers) from Bukh cost £15.86 (inc.carriage and VAT) in Jan 2010.

Regards
Pete