No reverse

Questina II

Visit site
Hi,
I seek advice and a possible part if required.

I have the clutch button underneath my throttle lever.

The button stays in whilst I'm going forward, but then, after pausing for a second, I try to go in reverse the clutch button pops out and stays out and I cannot get any drive.

If I have a person go below and hold the plate the is attached, towards them I can select reverse, so I believe it's not in the gearbox

Bilgediver

Visit site
Hi,
I seek advice and a possible part if required.

I have the clutch button underneath my throttle lever.

The button stays in whilst I'm going forward, but then, after pausing for a second, I try to go in reverse the clutch button pops out and stays out and I cannot get any drive.

If I have a person go below and hold the plate the is attached, towards them I can select reverse, so I believe it's not in the gearbox

It is not a clutch button. It is a button that allows you to move the throttle to operating speeds without turning the prop so it is doing its job but not when you want it to..

Is it possible to hold the button in while engaging reverse? What engine was the control supplied with?

The problem could just be something like a broken spring.

Last edited:

PCUK

Visit site
The button should not need to be pressed when going into gear, either forward or reverse. It should only be pressed in when you want to speed up the engine while in neutral. The control seems to need a complete overhaul or replacing.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Penetrating oil worked for me when it happened a couple of years ago. Similar problem. No idea who made my control as no identification. Mine is an aluminium button which you push in for drive & pull out for no drive but can rev the engine.