No one's talking to me

G

No one\'s talking to me

I asked for some help with information or experience with Hustler 35's. See thread below.

Does the lack of response mean no one knows - or is no one talking to me?

Geoff W

stamfordian

Visit site
Re: No one\'s talking to me

Hellow,
Hustlers a mag isn,t it???/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/stamfordian>http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/stamfordian</A>

G

Re: No one\'s talking to me

You may say that - I couldn't possibly comment (sniff).

Geoff W

jamesjermain

Visit site
Ah!!

Sorry, you posted while I was away.

Are we talking the Holman and Pye Hustler or the SJ Hustler.

I assume the former, in which case s is one of the all-time classic cruiser-racers of the early seventies. Long lean and elegant she is extremely fast (still) and has good seagoing accommodation - although it might be regarded as cramped by todays standards, think of her as a 30 footer internally and she works very well.
The marque won many races when first launched at the end of the seventies but she also made an effective, if quite demanding (to sail) cruiser. She has a big, masthead rig with a huge genoa which she needs, but which takes some muscle to handle. There were several interior options from out and out racing to cruising. The latter had a proper dinette and came with a range of locker and other options. The galley was small on the racer but good on the cruiser. The cruising version had a small chart table.

Most H35s were moulded by Tylers to a high, if unsophisticated standard (by todays point of view) and fitted out well by Landamores. However, some hulls went to other builders and also to amateurs so check the history of any boat you are looking and get amateur ones surveyed carefully. Current values are difficult to pin down. I quoted £25,000 to £35,000 in Ym recently on the basis that they are classics and very pretty. However, in the present climate I think this is an over-estimate and would revise it down to between £22,000 and £30,000.

If you are thinking of the Stephen Jones H35, then this was an out and out racer with spartan cruising accommodation. She is even quicker and handles well but really needs a big crew to be sailed to her full potential.

I hope this helps

JJ

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Re: whoops

Used to sail on one - great boat, and I think good value for money now. Tyler moldings were the best in the business.

however we had a strange incident on the one I sailed - the stem head fitting complete with the bows came away. I never found out why - light green coloured hull - so if same colour - check the bows!!! Tyler stem fittings and everything up there is normally totally overengineered.