NMEA Socket on rear of Raymarine Plotter

Wandering Star

Visit site
I’m sure everyone except myself will know the answer to this! What 5 pin plug do I need to buy to fit into the 5 pin NMEA moulded socket on the rear of a Raymarine C80 chartplotter? I won’t be using the RS125 GPS Seatalk antenna and want to replace it with a cheapo eBay version which all seem to be sold with the cables left bare ended. Hence the need to fit a suitable plug to fit the NMEA socket.

Advice on best cheapo antenna to use or any other general advice gladly received.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
iirc Raymarine use proprietary plugs on all their kit and certainly did in my past experience so you will have to find a duff Raymarine component with suitable plug cut it off and joint the wires.
It will be easier and possibly cheaper to but a Raymarine 125 pod off fleabay.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I’m sure everyone except myself will know the answer to this! What 5 pin plug do I need to buy to fit into the 5 pin NMEA moulded socket on the rear of a Raymarine C80 chartplotter? I won’t be using the RS125 GPS Seatalk antenna and want to replace it with a cheapo eBay version which all seem to be sold with the cables left bare ended. Hence the need to fit a suitable plug to fit the NMEA socket.

Advice on best cheapo antenna to use or any other general advice gladly received.
For NMEA : Raymarine NMEA 0183 Input Output Cable C70 C80 C120 A60 A65 E80 E120 AIS R08004 | eBay

Wandering Star

Visit site
Thanks Paul - will order one now.

Edited to say thanks to all, the first couple of replies didn’t show up - only Paul Rainbows reply. After I replied to his post Slipsteam and Father Hackets earlier replies displayed. Weird but as I say, thanks to all.

Last edited: