Nickcred, Gavi, Doolittle.....anyone else?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Where were you?
Up to Windsor and back over the weekend. Shikara was all tied up and covered when we went past both ways and Tristan was missing Saturday but back on the mooring Sunday morning. Did see someone lounging bankside and waved but probably didnt twig it was moi!

Further down Doolittle and sons were bobbing up and down on their moorings but noone to be seen.

apollo

Visit site
Dont know, I have never moored there, always go to Fawley Meadow (£6 p.n) as its quieter and an easy walk into town.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
How deep is it there? With 4'3" draught I am finding bankside moorings hard to come by at times. And being afloat when you arrive is no guarantee you will be when you wake up in the morning.

Mind you, if there was always a nice Broom Crown 37 available to raft alongside......

Gavi

Visit site
I had to go to Wales - am trying to sell a house there. Don't get me started on estate agents...

Won't be about this weekend either. It is our annual pilgrimage to Le Mans, after which we're going (ssshhhhh...) sailing <span style="color:red"> </span>

Captain Coochie

Visit site
I was up at Lady Lindseys lawn for the raft race on Saturday and watched a speedboat with lots of men in flowery shirts and blond wigs set off into the middle of the river and sink /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
(Yes i did go and help)
Then on Sunday i took a trip down to Twickenham to see Forbsie and had a few beers and a play on his lovely new guitar . Bumped into Centreboarder on the way back and said a quick hello before heading back to Sunbury for a pint and a curry . Superb weekend /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

alistairedw

Visit site
I spent Saturday on the water in my motorboat helping run some dinghy racing for visitors up from Keyhaven YC. They now understand how frustrating it is sailing on a river when there is very little wind.

Sunday was our club Open Day. Perfect weather for taking out visitors for their first go in a sailing dinghy.

Despite having about 7 dinghies in action we were very busy all day. Great fun giving people their first experience of sailing.

Breeze was fresh enough to get moving but not strong enough to make anyone get scared. Looks like we may well recruit quite a few new members to our club.

Afterwards had a nice slow potter up to Teddingtom lock in the mobo and had a brief chat with Cuchillo mid river.

Put mobo back on the mooring and then rescued one of our older members who had managed to get his bridle line wrapped round his prop.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
We decided to stay to do some more work on the binnie !

The supports for the stern seats needed replacing and other stuff it seems never ending but in the long run worthwhile.

all we saw on the river were lots of robos and a minimal scattering of narrowboats and mobos
oh and the PLA launch

Doolittle

Visit site
Having stayed awake all night on Friday to watch over the marquees for Shepperton Village Fair, was a bit away with the pixies all day Sat. Then I dragged the brood over to Pangbourne on Sunday for the Beale Park boat show so we weren't about much I'm afraid.

I'm here now
hello-104.gif

nickcred

Visit site
Hi, yes we were out. Went up stream on Saturday with friends and came nback to the mooring Saturday night and then off again around 11.390 am on Sunday just down to Runnymede for lunch with another Frriend on board. Glorious Weather. Was probably me lounging on the mooring from 6 am Sunday morning waiting for the tribe to wake up. Sorry I missed you Tony. Did I not wave back? or was I head in a book. Anyone passing is always Welcome to moor up and say hello, kettle or beer/wine always on tap :)

Cheers

Nick