Nice chat on here

tangomoon

Visit site
More civilised (for the time being) than the main forums.

Excellent poem Christmas at Sea on earlier post

Merry Christmas everybody

and have a Crappy Shitmus for the bah humbugs /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

graham

Visit site
Seasons greetings. Long may this remain a civilized corner of the real and virtual world. Cheers /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
You are right, it's a pleasant place to waste time and virtually meet people.

But how dare you wish me a cr*ppy sh*tmas /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW do you think a Danforth and 20m chain is sufficient for anchoring in the channel outside Cardiff Barrage Lock. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

tangomoon

Visit site
Not been there yet - the populated places don't appeal but depends on weight of anchor and size boat - Always carry a spare

graham

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
depends on weight of anchor

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Damo was poking fun at all the longwinded anchor debates on scuttlebut and PBOetc.

bluedragon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Talking of anchors why does a yacht have say a 35lb anchor but proportionally ships anchors are much smaller?

[/ QUOTE ]

OH NO!!! Get yerself over to Scuttlebut for such questions /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif We're a nice friendly bunch here /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tonybarebones

Visit site
Ships generally rely on the amount of cable in contact with the sea bed rather than the weight of the anchor, I know this cos I used to be an anchor long ago... cable is chain with a cross bar on each link and is measured in shackles, a shackle being 12.5 fathoms or there abouts... so there.

tangomoon

Visit site
AHH! Right. Most definitely and we're part of what we call the 'Golden Triangle' i.e. Bristol Channel - Scilly Isles - Bantry Bay