NEW QUARENTINE regulations for yachts arriving in the uk

atol

Visit site
FYI i had a chat with port health in falmouth regarding yachts arriving back in the uk,REPORTING is mandatory,and failure to do so can result in big fines.

filling out a health declaration is required for all vessels,including private pleasure from international waters,and
using the locata scheme for vessel movements on arrival and between ports is now required
Notice 8: sailing your pleasure craft to and from the UK
here are some other links they provided as well

08 June requirements came into play concerning isolation of certain individuals when entering the UK – The enforcing authority who are responsible for this is Border Force, with this in mind we would request all questions concerning this matter are discussed with them, as they will be able to inform you of the latest guidance and most up to date information. There helpline is as follows, however it’s worth noting that this is only operational during normal office hours: 0800 678 1767.

The below also provides some useful links concerning this matter

General link
Entering the UK

Exception link
Coronavirus (COVID-19): travellers exempt from border rules in the UK

Journey contact form
Provide your journey and contact details before you travel to the UK

Last edited:

Seven Spades

Visit site
Notice 8 says nothing and is an old document. I can't see any link to a health form just a single link to inform them of your arrival in the UK

ANDY_W

Visit site
In the bottom link, at the foot of the page is a green " Start now " button. This leads you to the pages where you complete the form on line.

I see that it has to be filled in no earlier than 48 hours before travel, which might be problematic for those arriving by yacht given that it is not always possible to guarantee sailing on time let alone ETA or even the actual port of arrival.

atol

Visit site
The first post and links was what falmouth port health office supplied me with,i also called borderforce on monday and spoke to an advisor about entry for yachts,left my email and was told that they would get back to me with links and new regulations,that was monday,so far nothing.

i guess they must be busy or still trying to work out the rules for themselves as to what to do with and where to quarentine yacht crews at the moment.

phoning the number below will at least get you into the system and make them aware of your arrival and any instructions.
(,so you do not get fined for non compliance. fines are £1000 per crewmember for refusing to isolate)

BorderForce 0800 678 1767.

Last edited:

atol

Visit site
link to the online form
Public Health Passenger Locator Form

Public Health Passenger Locator Form
Before you travel to or through the UK, you must complete this form. Read about the new UK border rules and check if you are exempt.
We will use the information you provide, to contact you if a passenger on your flight, ship or train tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
Each passenger travelling in a group must complete a separate form. If you are travelling with someone under 18 years old, they do not need their own form, provided you:
  • will arrive and leave together
  • will stay at the same UK address
  • add their details into your form
Before you start

You will need:
  • your passport information
  • your travel details, including times and dates
  • the address where you will stay in the UK (if applicable)
You cannot submit this form until 48 hours before your arrival time in the UK.
You can save your information and complete it later. If you are inactive for 25 minutes, you will be automatically signed out. If you do not return to this form within 7 days, your information will be deleted.

The information you provide will be used by the Home Office and Public Health England, as described in the privacy policy.

PREFACE
Provide your journey and contact details before you travel to the UK
You must complete this form before you arrive in the UK. You cannot submit the form until 48 hours before you’re due to arrive in the UK.
You’ll need to show your completed form when you arrive at the UK border, either by printing a copy, or showing it on your phone.
The government will use this information to contact you if you or someone you’ve travelled with develops coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, and to check that you’re self-isolating for the first 14 days after you arrive in the UK.
You may be fined up to £100 if you refuse to provide your contact details, or more if you break this rule more than once. You also may not be allowed to enter the UK (unless you’re either British or a UK resident).
If you develop coronavirus symptoms
Do not travel if you have coronavirus symptoms.
If you develop coronavirus symptoms when you’re travelling to the UK, tell the crew or driver on your plane, ferry, train or bus. They’ll tell staff in the airport, port or station, so they can tell you what you should do next when you arrive.
If you’re travelling with other people
You and the people you’re travelling with must all complete a separate form.
If you’re travelling with someone under 18 years old, they do not need their own form if you:
  • will arrive and leave together
  • will stay at the same UK address
  • add their details into your form
Who does not need to complete the form
You do not need to complete the form if you’re travelling from one of the following places, and you were there for 14 days or more:
  • Ireland
  • the Channel Islands
  • the Isle of Man
There are other reasons why you might not need to complete the form. Read the list of who does not need to complete the form.
Before you start
You’ll need:
  • your passport details
  • the name of the airline, train or ferry company you’re travelling with
  • the name of the company organising your tour group - if you’re travelling as part of a tour group
  • your booking reference
  • the name of the airport, port or station you’ll be arriving into
  • the date you’ll be arriving
  • your flight, train, bus or ferry number
  • the address you’ll be staying at for your first 14 days in the UK
  • details of someone who can be contacted if you get ill while you’re in the UK
If you’re travelling by Eurostar or Eurotunnel:
  • put ‘Eurostar’ or ‘Eurotunnel’ when the form asks ‘What is the flight number, train service or ship name that you will arrive on?’
  • provide your scheduled time of departure
Contact the helpline if you need help with completing the form or have questions about self-isolation.
For queries relating to who does not need to complete the form or self-isolate, please read the list of those who are exempt and the evidence they should provide.
Form and self-isolation helpline
Telephone: 0800 678 1767
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges

longjohnsilver

Visit site
atol, are you planning on bringing a boat back into the UK? If not, why are you showing so much interest in these rules?

atol

Visit site
atol, are you planning on bringing a boat back into the UK? If not, why are you showing so much interest in these rules?
enquiring for friends who are leaving brittany soon so i thought i would share them on the forum as they are quite confusing,and no real guidance as to where a vessel is supposed to quarentine,and if it allowed to continue its journey once it has checked into british waters,given that you are not allowed to sleep on your boat over night.

plus i work as a delivery skipper in and out of the uk all the time so need to know latest info .
also i have a long running thread on cruisers forum and noonsite with updated info for yachts internationally.
corona virus alerts - Latest cruising Information for vessels/locations/rules - Page 98 - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

Last edited: