New player on the "Official" game

fireball

Visit site
New player on the \"Official\" game

Bav34 has joined the Scuttlebutt crew on the official VOR game .... playing as "Comfortably Numb Too" can we ensure we give him the worst tips possible /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bav34

Visit site
Re: New player on the \"Official\" game

No need! I spent the first part of my day sailing to Cape Town. Didn't realise that I had to head for some invisible speck slightly to the west!! How do you get a bearing? How can I go faster than 3 knots? Who can I blame? I feel so lonely /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

fireball

Visit site

You can change the sails - the first leg has the pro-sails given to you .... there is a little orange mark on the compass that tells you where the wind is from .... you're around the doldrums - so little wind anyway!

Bav34

Visit site

Oooh ... I've just found Morgana alongside me. Somebody to race /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

fireball

Visit site

I'm a little way out to the west of you .... see you the otherside of the doldrums!!

Bav34

Visit site

You're a hunted man Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bav34

Visit site

You must be a natural /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I spent half an hour before going to bed setting the boat up for the night ... watching how the high is moving west with me ...optimising my direction/speed. Gained > 1000 places overnight. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Then you tell me that you've been below kipping for 12 days /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

T_C

Visit site

It's not just you, there's a block of scuttlebutters, you and Boomshanka amongst others, that are all in exactly the same place geographically and rankingwise.

I reckon you must have purchased a special "stay in the bar in Alicante while some other muppet skippers the boat" option for a few extra credits...
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif