New marina planned for Lefkas.

cherod

Visit site
I dont know the area nor the situation , but does this mean less places for ( pos cruising persons ) boats to anchor and further pandering to the charter market and forcing boats into expensive marinas ?? The pictures from the airport , OMG , why do people want to “ holiday “ like that ,,, i guess they are not heading for the 800 berth ( OMG ?) marina . ?

Last edited:

AndrewB

Visit site
That would be good. Really, the overcrowded anchoring situation at Nidri /Vlyho has become ridiculous. The amount of filth in the water as a result means in summer the inlet stinks. Perhaps the opportunity can be taken to sort out what has become an anarchic system of mooring in Vlyho Bay.

Mind you, for every ten marina projects announced in Greece, only one ever sees the light of day. There are abandoned half-finished projects, often packed with derelict local boats, all over the Ionian.

Last edited:

AndrewB

Visit site
I can't see why not. The yacht club would fit nicely into the infrastructure of a marina,. Of course, there is a question of what would become of the club's existing pontoon.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Didn’t Ionian take over a lot of the quay side in Vliho?
They took most of it over and then stuck a load of mooring buoy out too ,
Charter company should be made to Ben base in Marinas not take over part of a bay and a local quay .
Although to be fair when ever I backed onto the quay they never asked me not too .