New liveaboard at Brighton

i_sail

Visit site
I am moving to Brighton Marina in mid-october on my Jeanneau Prestige 36 to live aboard on a perminant basis. Does anybody know about the live aboard community in Brighton? I know its alive and well - hope there is no sail -vs- power dynamics. I would like to get on with everybody regardless!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
Send a PM to Pauline B, she lives aboard with her family in Brighton, reckons it's great.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Salty

Visit site
I had my boat at Brighton for a while, not as a liveaboard but there were a couple of them along my pontoon. Very, very friendly to non-liveaboards like us, which I would assume would mean the community spirit between them was very good also.

A couple of words of advice about Brighton... first, don't shout too loud about being a liveaboard, when I was there they were tolerated (and technically disallowed) by the marina management, rather than encouraged and as the marina tries to move upmarket they may be less welcoming of liveaboards, some of which, lets be honest, are a bit scruffy round the edges (compared to the millionaires' yachts that sit and sparkle in the sun and only get used two weekends a year, but look good for the tourists).

But other than that, Brighton itself is a great place - good luck and enjoy!

<hr width=100% size=1>