New Lidl Binocs

Neil

I bought a pair of 8X60's from Lidl the other day and I must say I'm quite impressed. I know it's not comparing like with like, but the image quality seemed as good as my Leica 10X20's and while I couldn't make a direct comparison with my Steiner navigators, since they're on the boat, there was no sign of the chromatic aberration that I've seen on the Steiners. Now, if they had a compass, were nitrogen filled and waterproof and still only €35, I'd be laughing :)

alant

I bought a pair of 8X60's from Lidl the other day and I must say I'm quite impressed. I know it's not comparing like with like, but the image quality seemed as good as my Leica 10X20's and while I couldn't make a direct comparison with my Steiner navigators, since they're on the boat, there was no sign of the chromatic aberration that I've seen on the Steiners. Now, if they had a compass, were nitrogen filled and waterproof and still only €35, I'd be laughing :)

Bresser bins are excellent value.

mjcoon

I suppose it will be a while before you know the answer, but do they suffer from the same problem as the Bresser 10x50s that Lidl sell intermitently? In cold weather they get very stiff to focus. I've found that a squirt of WD40 in the right place helps...

Mike.

alant

I suppose it will be a while before you know the answer, but do they suffer from the same problem as the Bresser 10x50s that Lidl sell intermitently? In cold weather they get very stiff to focus. I've found that a squirt of WD40 in the right place helps...

Mike.

Doesn't it make your eyes water?;)

mjcoon

Doesn't it make your eyes water?;)

That sounds like the "damp start" spray invented by a colleague to allow you to see through the night's accumulated eye-gunk without actually having to wash your face in the morning...

Mike.