New Greek Covid Health Requirement - Important

Chris_Robb

Visit site
The CA has just discovered a regulation in force since May. We had thought that this only applied to Charter boats. But it actually covers private boats as well

Here are the headlines:
There must be a digital one in the first aid kit infrared thermometer and finger pulse oximeter.
You must also keep a PROPER Crew list as described earlier in the year example here:
We betide anyone who is caught out!

Name of Yacht: Carina
Registration No:
SSR141602
Home Port: Southampton
Crew/Passenger List
Delete as appropriate
Year: 2020 Page __
Captain: Christopher Robb
Signature:
**Note: This form contains personal Information and should be treated in accordance to GDPR requirements.**

Family name
First name
Date of Birth
Place of Birth
NationalityPassport no.
Passenger Emergency Info
Date joined
Date Left
Port
Sign

Port

Sign
Port
Sign

Port

Sign
Port
Sign

Port

Sign
Port
Sign

Port

Sign
Port
Sign

Port

Sign

Attachments

• Corona-Yacht-Bestimmungen_en.pdf
    86.5 KB · Views: 25

Cariadco

Visit site

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Thanks Chris. Just been looking around Amazon and they sell an Infra red Thermometer for £7:

Amazon.co.uk Best Sellers: The most popular items in Infrared Thermometers

also a Pulse Oxygen Meter for £14

Pulse Oximeter,Oxygen Saturation Monitor Spo2 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Adult and Child with Omnidirectional OLED Display: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

There might be cheaper one's out there.........Regards.
I dont know how people already can comply, but I would expect them to be on sale there. Alternative is to get delivered from Amazon to a place b/y in Greece

ITH

Winter in Kent, rest of the year on board
Visit site
Thanks Chris. Just been looking around Amazon and they sell an Infra red Thermometer for £7:

Amazon.co.uk Best Sellers: The most popular items in Infrared Thermometers

also a Pulse Oxygen Meter for £14

Pulse Oximeter,Oxygen Saturation Monitor Spo2 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Adult and Child with Omnidirectional OLED Display: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

There might be cheaper one's out there.........Regards.
Thanks for the heads up. Watch out for delivery dates on the Infrared Thermometers though; many of them are scheduled delivery dates into October.

Yngmar

Visit site
Chris, the attached PDF states it's valid until June 15 unless extended. Are you sure this still applies in full? Looks like it's a saved website, what's the source? Not a criticism, just wondering.

We've got an IR thermometer aboard but no finger pulse oximeter.

OldBawley

Visit site
I was chased away by the Coastguard today. Again. This time the reason: “You are to close to the shore “

After I pointed out I was 50 meter further out then the yellow buoys, the guys (who ware not wearing masks) went angry and asked for the name of the boat. I spelled the name and pointed at the name at the stern. The guy on the bow then said that in Greece the name of the boat has to be on the bow to. I replied that it is a Belgian flag boat and that made them so angry that they used their last defence, “papers “ Stepped on toes again.

I have been a naval military police for some years, know asking for papers works very well to intimidate people.

So I said “Oke, come on board and you can see the papers “witch they refused.

The reason: An Italian police guy once confiscated my papers for a day, for no reason known to me,

and in Lefkas the same happened while I had no Greek language insurance paper. I then decided to number my papers ( I have a lot of them) and if possible only to give one at the time.

This time they had a landing net in which I had to put my papers. I told them if they wanted to see the Tepai they had to get on board and look at my laptop. They did not wish to see the Tepai, One of the rules for Mp´s is also never to separate from your partners ( we ware always three )

Anyway, as I hear this I was lucky they did not know the new rules or I would have hanged.

It was clear, they had no legal right to chase me away but they had to because of people phoning them about an anchored boat. The front guy who was more or less human admitted, “we have to come and react.”

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Chris, the attached PDF states it's valid until June 15 unless extended. Are you sure this still applies in full? Looks like it's a saved website, what's the source? Not a criticism, just wondering.

This came from one of our reliable members on this stuff. a clip from his post
There IS an instruction on the website of shipping and island affairs. Well hidden for quite a while, so that I would not find it. Now it is easier to find.
See attached file (Google Translation). To this instructions all pleasure boat related publications in the official gazette refer, without directly linking to it, though. And that since May 28th. It stays in force at least until Aug 31th.

If its is wrong, I will come back . The 15th June was I think against a specific item . I cant stop and look at theta web site now, but I will later.

I had already bought this stuff a few weeks back following one of our eminent surgeons advice. It seems very snesible for what they cost - remember it our responsibility, to prevent us from infecting others . So I would recon it good advice anyway.

[163233]

Visit site
Does anyone know how to correct an IR thermometer in hot climates?

We blat everyone who comes aboard, but it measures the sweat on their forehead so literally everybody has been hypothermic. Had some nurses on the other week and just laughed it off but it looks odd.

But what is a dangerous number from one of these?

Chris_Robb

Visit site

I have now got details of the source on this from one of our German Members - he has been a huge help keeping us informed!
Chris, the June 15th was the end date of the first instalment of this rules. which was published in the gazette on May 28th here:
Κοινή Υπουργική Απόφαση Δ1 α/ΓΠ.οικ. 32909/2020 - ΦΕΚ 2028/Β/28-5-2020

There were 2 or 3 extensions of this ministerial decision, the latest here on Jul 31th:
Κοινή Υπουργική Απόφαση ΔΙα/Γ.Π.οικ. 48932/2020 - ΦΕΚ 3160/Β/31-7-2020

This one extends the validity of the document until Aug 31th.
The key sentence here, as in the other gazette publications, is which are posted on the website of the Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy (Αρχική σελίδα).
The only regulation to which that could refer to on the listed website is the one that I posted, where they obviously forgot to change the date.
They do not make it easy for us to find all rules and regulations...

I now have the source details from one of our German Members who has been tremendously helpfull on all these regulations.

This is what he reported and I am happy with it.
Chris, the June 15th was the end date of the first instalment of this rules. which was published in the gazette on May 28th here:
Κοινή Υπουργική Απόφαση Δ1 α/ΓΠ.οικ. 32909/2020 - ΦΕΚ 2028/Β/28-5-2020

There were 2 or 3 extensions of this ministerial decision, the latest here on Jul 31th:
Κοινή Υπουργική Απόφαση ΔΙα/Γ.Π.οικ. 48932/2020 - ΦΕΚ 3160/Β/31-7-2020

This one extends the validity of the document until Aug 31th.
The key sentence here, as in the other gazette publications, is which are posted on the website of the Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy (Αρχική σελίδα).
The only regulation to which that could refer to on the listed website is the one that I posted, where they obviously forgot to change the date.
They do not make it easy for us to find all rules and regulations...

There are useful links here for the future.