hi
ive been ofered a very well built[looks to me] fiberglass hull[about 28 foot]
just the hull and the top
totaly empty inside,im thinking of takeing on the project
but she will need everything floors ect puting in
i am handy so thats ok
what do you guys think?
i would try and find second hand bits to keep costs down
any thoughts would be helpfull as im new to yachting:)

<hr width=100% size=1>

pcv

Visit site
If you fancy most of the work dun, I can sale you a Caprice mk111 in need of mast ect, but has floor windos ect ect.

Only jesting, but good luck with the boat

<hr width=100% size=1>

stamfordian

Visit site
Hi.and welcome to the forum,personally i think i,d have to know the make of the hull ,as regarding what rig to put on her ,ie what amount of stress it is desighed to take etc before commiting any dosh.Donn,t know much about sailing rigs etc but just a tought.
bast of luck!!

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/stamfordian>http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/stamfordian</A>

Strathglass

Visit site
I have almost completed a similar but a bit larger project.

The important thing is that we are in the same in your area.

The hull cost is about an eight of the cost of the conplete craft. The overall costs and timescale obviously depends on how you go about it and to what standard.

Why not send me a PM and we can get together and I can explain some of the unanticipated costs? . You could also have a look at what I am up to.

Iain

<hr width=100% size=1>

dignity

Visit site
Be very careful, I've just completed fitting out my boat, the cost just go on and on, I've had many years of boating, repairing, refitting, and my project cost 15k more than anticipated, although you get a sense of achievement when or if it's all finished.

But you do need to know more about the shell before you go throwing money into it!

<hr width=100% size=1>

dickh

Visit site
Try and find out what the model of boat it is and are there any plans? Is it a recognised boat and is the designer still around to ask for advice?
Good Luck anyway - and a bit of advice, get the hull transported either to your back garden or very close nearby - if you have to travel any distance then you will have to be very determined to finish the project or else it will take forever; you'll forget to bring tools, the kids will need looking after, etc etc etc.
If it's in your garden, you can do little jobs in between all the other non-boaty tasks that need doing - I know, been there, done that & got the teeshirt!

<hr width=100% size=1>dickh
I'd rather be sailing... :) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Niander

Visit site
well i dont think ill take it on
if the bits were there then maybe
he wants a grand for it
but after buying everything?
thanx for the replys

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: Ask Fatipa

I would get some help from Fatipa. He's an expert. As far as I know, you need to go to the bank, and write out a large cheque. Then, very carefully take the money from the teller and place it in your wallet. This money should then be dispensed to the people doing the actual work. You may need to repeat the process many times over to get a reasonably good finish.

<hr width=100% size=1>