NEW! Fairline Trawler

G

Just went down to the yard to watch the rain run off the boat again. They've anti-fouled her in a very bright blue. SWMBOs choicer comments included: "From a distance it looks like a f***ing trawler - all it needs is lobster pots and a net over the radar arch", and "If we wanted a boat that looks like that, we'd have hired one from Hoseasons..."

Awaiting answer from the yard.

BarryH

Visit site
Have they got the music on the quay again. What weekend is the carnival, my missus says she wants to go again, alto getting a pint is a pain when its on.

Wha'dya mean "I'm always playing with this engine" its the only way to get it to run!

G

Simple solution....don't bother to consult missuss...just like me.

BarryD

Visit site
Well Graham I know you said you were changing jobs but I didn't think you'd taken up fishing full time!

I bet fish oil makes a mess of the Tekdek!

So you unscrew this, and put it safely here, then oopps...
All - IMHO, BTW, FWIW and NWGOI

G

No, I'm afraid I have to agree with her - it looks bloody awful. The yard suggested just repainting the bits that showed above the waterline, but I declined that offer. I think management may well have noticed...

tcm

Visit site
Re: Good news!

I think that you should buy nets and some lurid coloured buoysand festoon them around the radar arch. Swear a lot on the vhf, and then drive, anchor or moor up anywhere you like. Abroad, you'll also get very cheap comercial diesel too! Put in a riduclous claim to the EU for fishing. Or, put in another ridicuolous claim for not fishing. Tell the wife to wear wellies and let her beard grow a bit for added effect.

G

Re: Good news!

tcm wrote:
>Tell the wife to wear wellies and let her beard grow a bit for added effect.

When did you meet her?

aztec

Visit site
HI, THE CARNIVAL IS ON THE WEEKEND OF 21ST, AT 12.00 PM, SO MUSIC ON THE QUAY IS SATURDAY 20TH, AND THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY, ALSO MUSIC ON WEDNESDAY 24TH AFTER THE FIREWORKS, OOOH EEE AHHH. ETC.

opps sorry i'm shouting.. not bloody re typing all that now!

regards steve, ps give us a shout if you come down, not sure what we're doin' yet.

interested in stuff that needs mendin'

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.amos/index.html