New DEKPA in Gouvia - Multi Owner boat - I am the horse :)

jonrarit

Visit site
With months of reading the various threads and different stories on obtaining the new DEKPA I flew out last week with some intrepidation as to what to expect as we have a four owner yacht with only two owners being present.

I pre-emptied the issue with notarised copies of all four passports.

step 1 - I walked in to the main marina office asking to pay for a new permit. 2 minutes later and 50 euros I had a receipt.

Step 2 - I walked thirty seconds round to the port police office " can I have a new cruising permit please?"

Produced old DEKPA which he glanced at and returned "for posterity"

Produced Insurance documents which were copied then produced SSR. He rolled his eyes at this point when he saw four owners but still smiled.

Produced My passport & notarised copies of the other three, all of which were copied and returned without question.

New permit pulled from box, details filled in, stamped and left. Entire process - 10 mins

The only catch is he said but must be restamped within 365 days to avoid paying the 50 euros again. If we miss by one day we will be charged.

So there you have it, a first hand account of obtaining a new DEKPA in Gouvia straight from the horse himself.

Hope this is helpful to someone

Jonathan

Tony Cross

Visit site
Neigh, it can't be that easy!

I suggest you get the name of the port policeman and recommend him for re-training. He obviously missed out on the 'how to be a difficult, bloody-minded, officious little tyke, who prefers to use rules from 5 years ago" course..... :encouragement:

jordanbasset

Visit site
With months of reading the various threads and different stories on obtaining the new DEKPA I flew out last week with some intrepidation as to what to expect as we have a four owner yacht with only two owners being present.

I pre-emptied the issue with notarised copies of all four passports.

step 1 - I walked in to the main marina office asking to pay for a new permit. 2 minutes later and 50 euros I had a receipt.

Step 2 - I walked thirty seconds round to the port police office " can I have a new cruising permit please?"

Produced old DEKPA which he glanced at and returned "for posterity"

Produced Insurance documents which were copied then produced SSR. He rolled his eyes at this point when he saw four owners but still smiled.

Produced My passport & notarised copies of the other three, all of which were copied and returned without question.

New permit pulled from box, details filled in, stamped and left. Entire process - 10 mins

The only catch is he said but must be restamped within 365 days to avoid paying the 50 euros again. If we miss by one day we will be charged.

So there you have it, a first hand account of obtaining a new DEKPA in Gouvia straight from the horse himself.

Hope this is helpful to someone

Jonathan

Think you are talking about Gouvia Marina. we had a similar experience , though easier for us as though in both our names I had both passporrts with me. As you say 10 minutes and all done